Bolide, Kelly, and Birkin

lilach said:
seee i hate it on ostrich it is too yellow and muted for me on ostrich. to pistachio pea green. i want my greens bright apple spring green :crybaby:

lilach: I highly respect/believe your opinion and advice. One of the major reason why I ordered violine (of course I ordered it b/c I love violine color:heart: ) Paris-Bombay instead of Vert anis was I was not too sure about the color after your advice...:rolleyes: . I mean if I truly love vert anis in ostrich after seeing a bag in vert anis ostrich, my SA told me I can order one in Birkin in Feb. I need to see a bag with that color in person first before I decide long and expensive wait.

But for just seeing one vert anis ostrich bag is very hard. I have been trying very hard to see one, but no success yet.

aspenmartial said:
lilach: I highly respect/believe your opinion and advice. One of the major reason why I ordered violine (of course I ordered it b/c I love violine color:heart: ) Paris-Bombay instead of Vert anis was I was not too sure about the color after your advice...:rolleyes: . I mean if I truly love vert anis in ostrich after seeing a bag in vert anis ostrich, my SA told me I can order one in Birkin in Feb. I need to see a bag with that color in person first before I decide long and expensive wait.

But for just seeing one vert anis ostrich bag is very hard. I have been trying very hard to see one, but no success yet.

Aspen, I think there's a vert anis ostrich Birkin for sale on eBay right now and the color on my computer screen is pretty similar to the color in real life (in real life it looks prettier though). As for Paris-Bombay, I think it'd look better in violine than vert anis because I kind of see the P-B as a dark color type of bag. I actually think violine P-B would look better than a fuchsia P-B. Granted, I've seen neither in real life but in my mind's eye that's what it seems to be.:smile:

oh aspen soo nice of you ! but it wasn´t meant that way it may have sounded to you. i guess it is always hard to describe colours and what loves one person may not work for another.i can just say when i saw a bah in vert anis ostrich it was alet down for me as it is no way like ert anis on togo so i was very disappointed as i wanted to like it so badly
and i always love to help and i am more than happy if it is appreciated :flowers:
bt. you infected me with the idea of a violine ostrich paris bombay :lol:

aspenmartial - So, you have seen violine already? Gosh, I've visited several stores and so far no luck. :wtf: The SAs could only show me violette or raisin. Plus, the ostrich violine coming at my H shop is still not there :hysteric:

Thank you for your help, nathansgirl1908 and kou!!

AND lilach and La Van! Wow you guys type so fast! While I was typing one sentence, two people posted inbetween!:lol:

koukanamiya said:
What I thought was interesting is that most people are more familiar with the LV Alma than the Bolide. In fact, some people even thought Bolide was copying the Alma, if they only know ...

I would like to know why LV seems to be the reference point for most high end bags. When I first told my friends that my bags were Hermes, they gave me blank stares and asked THE question: Is Hermes as good as LV?

:blink:

I just told them that LV was not the only high end bag in the world and that there are some brands where the quality is better than that of LV...and that Hermes is one of those brands. They never "got it.":sad:

nathansgirl1908 said:
I would like to know why LV seems to be the reference point for most high end bags. When I first told my friends that my bags were Hermes, they gave me blank stares and asked THE question: Is Hermes as good as LV?

I just told them that LV was not the only high end bag in the world and that there are some brands where the quality is better than that of LV...and that Hermes is one of those brands. They never "got it.":sad:

You know, I wonder about that too. But then come to think of it, not that many people are really that familiar with Hermes. Even some of the very very wealthy people I know do not carry Hermes but instead carry Louis Vuitton, probably because of the huge price gap (these rich people I know also happen to be quite "cheap"). LV has a much bigger exposure and audience and since not as many are familiar with Hermes, most people tend to consider LV as the "ultimate" luxury bag. I think that's probably why they use LV as a benchmark toward all namebrand bags.

Just a theory:flowers:

Very, very good question. I remember when I first started wanting a high-end designer bag. I automatically went to LV as my bench-mark because I thought, well if everyone seems to have one they must be known for quality and craftsmanship. Then when I actually went into the store to look at the bags (and I have had LV bags....I STILL have my mother's 25-year old Speedy and will never give that up and a Bucket bag I'm saving for DD's graduation gift) I could NOT believe the prices for canvas!!!! Really, I was astounded.

Anyway, even though I spend a small fortune on Hermes I do not regret any purchase I've made. Their high standards and craftsmanship far surpasses anything else out there.

shopmom411 said:
Very, very good question. I remember when I first started wanting a high-end designer bag. I automatically went to LV as my bench-mark because I thought, well if everyone seems to have one they must be known for quality and craftsmanship. Then when I actually went into the store to look at the bags (and I have had LV bags....I STILL have my mother's 25-year old Speedy and will never give that up and a Bucket bag I'm saving for DD's graduation gift) I could NOT believe the prices for canvas!!!! Really, I was astounded.

Anyway, even though I spend a small fortune on Hermes I do not regret any purchase I've made. Their high standards and craftsmanship far surpasses anything else out there.

I don't regret any purchases I have made with Hermes either.

So your DD is getting an LV for graduation? I bet she will be so excited! Does she have any designer bags now?

nathansgirl1908 said:

This is pratically due to advertising and the new range of handbags appeared each season. If you read most magazines, they love to talk about LV. Marc Jacobs, as the designer, also elevate the status of LV. His creativity in instilling young, chic look in LV makes it worth more tempting. Its lower range of prices also makes it easier for first-timers who want to get their first taste in designer goods.

Hermes, on the other hand, has less advertising. If the only thing that "outside people" know about Hermes, are its birkins & kellys. Why? Because many magazines & newspapers have been talking about them. But, if you ask about bolide, plum, evelyne, vespa, constance, jige; not everyone knows except Hermes fans. So, in the future, do not be surprised if someone mistakes a bolide as LV alma.
:supacool: