Bolide, Kelly, and Birkin

1. I don't know why but this just came to me after having been buried in my memory for the last couple of months. I remembered that sometime last year, I was talking to my then SA about Bolides. He said something that I thought was quite interesting. This is what he said in regards to Bolide, Kelly, and Birkin.

"If you're looking for trends, go for a Birkin; if you're looking for classics, go for Kelly; if you're looking for heritage, then it's Bolide all the way. Bolide has always had a special place in the heart of Hermes."

What do you guys think?

2. I think it's very interesting!!!

3. trivia: did you know that the bolide was once called bugatti until th car company sued and won and then hermès renamed it to bolide

4. That's really interesting!! Sometimes my SA still calls the Bolide the Bugatti bag.

5. The Bolide is the first bag Hermes ever made.

6. Very interesting!!! I love the bolide, especially in ostrich!!! It is definitely on my wish list.

7. What color and size are you looking for?

I'm on the hunt for a fuchsia ostrich Bolide 31cm in any hardwares (prefer ruthenium though). I hope to get it from Europe since the prices there is a bit more palatable.

8. ^^^ Not quite on the hunt yet. I want my Birkin first, and then I would LOVE LOVE LOVE a fuschia or gold/tan/caramel ostrich bolide one day (or Kelly). I think a fuschia ostrich would be just GORGEOUS Kou!!! You should totally go for it!!! I fell in love with the ostrich bolide after seeing LaVan's gorgeous bleu roi ostrich (I hope I got the name correctly). It is just timeless and elegant! Everything Hermes should be! Then again, I also would love an ostrich Kelly in similar colors so I have a lot of saving up to do! I want all of them! he he he he!!!:graucho: :heart:

9. There's something about ostrich and Bolide that just goes together so well! I love LaVan's Bolide, bleu roi is such a beautiful color. Have you seen Frenchiefan's saffron Bolide 27cm? That one is beautiful too!

When I was in Singapore, I saw a lady carrying a gold ostrich Bolide 31cm with gold hardware, it was TDF! I just kept thinking a fuchsia ostrich Bolide 31cm with a silver charm or a ruthenium charm would be absolutely heavenly!:love:

10. Yes! The Bolide is a fantastic bag and a personal favorite of mine. I could be happy with a few.....hmmmmmm.......:graucho:

11. I could not agree more! I have seen Frenchiefan's saffron bolide, and it is truly beautiful!!! I have yet to see a color in ostrich that I don't like!!!! And yes, fuschia would be truly TDF!!!

12. I think Bolides are beautiful and I definitely want one. I'm just not sure what color and what leather I would want.

13. Uh oh... now this could get interesting ladies! :p

14. Dun dun dun!!!! Sooooo ... any possibility that we may see you with one in the near future?:graucho:

15. If I win the lottery, one of the things I'd do is definitely buying ostrich Bolide 31cm in every single color that's available! :yes: