BNY says no more pictures

I would bet bbags that this has ZERO impact on their months sales total.
They have what we want, and they know it. :nogood:

I mean look at all the tons and tons of complaints about their generally rude attitude and did that change: nope. Apparently they still kept selling enough to maintain their jobs and keep the store open.

That policy is really not going to help their sales. It would be a much better idea to get another computer. Not smart.

Here's my 2 cents on this most infuriating topic. Daphne said the same thing to me 2 months ago. I was begging for photos of different Tomato works so I could pick the leather of my chosing. My request emails went unanswered over many days. When I finally received a response, Daphne said that the manager had essentially locked up the camera as it was taking too much time to email photos.

Let me interrupt my rant by a detour rant on the topic of "things taking too much time": I work on average 70 ~ 85 hours a week. I work nights, weekends, and haven't had a vacation free of the burdens of work in over 8 years. I'm responsive to my clients and bend over backwards for them because they rely on me. To hear a fashion boutique tell me that something as simple as taking crappy digital photos takes too much time out of their oh-so-maxed-out day, but yes, please hand over $1500+ sight unseen, BOILS my blood :cursing:.

But it gets better. The very next day after Daphne had delivered this message to me, she emailed about 3 photos to a friend of mine. That day powderpuff also posted a new photos she or her mom had just received from BalNY. And since then photos have been flowing freely from BalNY.

So take with a grain of salt the official store policy of "we cant email photos anymore". Sometimes it simply means "you're not important enough for me to waste my time on." And no, I wasn't a photo request abuser. I'd only asked for pics twice, and BOTH times made a significant purchase based on the pics and have never returned anything.

Interesting time to decide to implement this "policy", too, given the tone of the economy lately. You would think they would be trying to retain their good customers, not push them away. Yet this seems to be exactly what they are doing.

So Deco, did you buy a bag???

Because that kind of repsonse is the type of thing that makes me escalate right to the highest manager that I can find.

Much like you my customer ALWAYS comes first. I have cancelled dinners and stayed until hours into the evening to ensure customers were happy.

I can not fathom a business where they simply don't care.

And yet-- they *stay* in business.

I just cancelled it. That really makes me angry to know that they are not being honest with me (the camera is broken). I will order from NM instead and no more bags from BNY unless I buy in person.

I would bet bbags that this has ZERO impact on their months sales total.
They have what we want, and they know it. :nogood:

I mean look at all the tons and tons of complaints about their generally rude attitude and did that change: nope. Apparently they still kept selling enough to maintain their jobs and keep the store open.
I don't agree entirely. First, as stated in my earlier post, they have not stopped emailing pics, notwithstanding what Daphne has now said at least twice over the last two months.

Second, I for one will not buy from them without a photo. I'm sure there's someone else lining up right behind me to snap up what I don't. But BalNY won't have my business unless they send me photos. Incidentally, Kim continues to offer to oblige me most sweetly.

Third, it makes no business sense to institute a policy that creates so much unnecessary and easily averted uncertainty in the sales process. If this "no pics" policy is new, how long before they will see its impact? How many people will be displeased with their unseen purchases and clamor and harangue to return or get a refund? How many will eventually be too shell-shocked and risk-averse to buy again sight unseen given the hassle and cost of return and exchange, especially in light of the 2 return allowance per buyer? How long before BalNY realizes that processing returns/exchanges is a much bigger hassle than snapping and emailing a few photos?

yup, i was told the same thing this week.

DECOPHILE- i was told that they're only allowed to send stock photos, but not individual bag pictures... maybe that was the case? I'd hate to think they're favoring certain customers over others..

I don't agree entirely. First, as stated in my earlier post, they have not stopped emailing pics, notwithstanding what Daphne has now said at least twice over the last two months.

Second, I for one will not buy from them without a photo. I'm sure there's someone else lining up right behind me to snap up what I don't. But BalNY won't have my business unless the send me photos. Incidentally, Kim continues to offer to oblige me most sweetly.

Third, it makes no business sense to institute a policy that creates so much unnecessary and easily averted uncertainty in the sales process. If this "no pics" policy is new, how long before they will see its impact? How many people will be displeased with their unseen purchases and clamor and harangue to return or get a refund? How many will eventually be too shell-shocked and risk-averse to buy again sight unseen given the hassle and cost of return and exchange, especially in light of the 2 return allowance per buyer? How long before BalNY realizes that processing returns/exchanges is a much bigger hassle than snapping and emailing a few photos?

I have to agree, the return policy sucks.. and no pics doesn't help. But that's what AR is for!! they're awesome! I haven't ordered anything there yet, but they're very helpful and informative.

So Deco, did you buy a bag???
I did. I'd ordered a Tomato SGH Work, and wanted to see all the various leathers they had. But after ignoring my emails all day until it was too late, Daphne responded that she'd already picked one and shipped to me. I continued to ask for pics of the others in stock, which she did not respond to for 2 weeks. And then gave me the line about the policy. I kept the one she sent. But I'll never buy again without pics of all my choices sent to me up front. And I know that BalNY supplying people with pics in the last 2 months has not slowed down one bit. Until I saw this post.

So take with a grain of salt the official store policy of "we cant email photos anymore". Sometimes it simply means "you're not important enough for me to waste my time on." And no, I wasn't a photo request abuser. I'd only asked for pics twice, and BOTH times made a significant purchase based on the pics and have never returned anything.

^^ this sums it all up perfectly, they've got 1 set of rules for some people & another set for others...just like when they told me 1 & 1/2 years ago their new official store policy was "3 exchanges per lifetime"...they informed me that they spent the entire day giving all of their customers that line...but when i posted about it on tPF, it turns out that i was the only person they told...since then, some people have been told about the "new rule" & others haven't...just like some people have been told they can buy tassels from them, while others have been told "no way jose"...and apparently, some people can get on waiting lists while others are told they don't exist & the list goes on & on :tdown: