Bluefly Credit/Security checks?

1. I made my first order from Bluefly yesterday morning, for a Chloe Bay messenger. I'm in Australia and they sent me an email at 11pm last night that I've just read requesting the following to be faxed to them by 11pm tonight:

*The top portion of your credit card billing statement from the card used to place your order. The billing statement must show the name and address of the cardholder as well as the last four digits of the credit card number.

*A Copy of the front and back of the credit card used to place your order.The top portion of your credit card billing statement from the card used to place your order. The billing statement must show the name and address of the cardholder as well as the last four digits of the credit card number.

I won't have fax access for at least another 18 hours or more, well past the 24 hours allowed before they will cancel my order. :sad:

Also, my Visa statement is actually my bank statement and doesn't show my cc number on it anywhere. :wtf: It also shows my address as a PO box, when I had to give BF a street address.

What can I do? :crybaby:

I feel uneasy about faxing my cc info to the other side of the world. :sweatdrop:

2. That doesn't sound right to me. I have never had trouble using my card anywhere in the world. Bluefly must have access to the Visa network worldwide.
    I ordered a Chloe from BF (they are only about 200 miles from me) and there was trouble authorizing my credit card (S) because the bank redflagged the charge as suspicious. You should call your bank and preauthorize a charge with Bluefly, then call up Bluefly customer support and have them run the charge while your are on the phone and get the confirmation number of the order. The charge will not go through your card officially until the item ships out. In my case it took an extra 3 days for the m to actually charge my account.
    Perhaps you are not dealing with an official Bluefly representative? IT sounds like phishing scam to me.

Keep us updated;
    Carol

3. I would feel very uneasy also faxing confidential details over. Its a good idea by Carol above to speak to your bank and then telephone bf and ask them if they can do the transaction whilst you are speaking to them, as you are unable to gain access?

Good luck

4. There are facilities on line that you can use to send a fax.

I have to agree with all the above though. I would try and do the transaction from the credit/debit card provider, rather than faxing info to BF.

Good Luck. Nothing worse than a fly in the ointment when you have decided to buy.