Blue Mj Now Faded Glory

1. I PURCHASED A BLUE MJ HANDBAG FOR MY FRIEND'S 60TH BIRTHDAY IN NOVEMBER. SHE CHOSE IT HERSELF AT Saks OFF 5TH AND THE TICKET READ $969.00-NOW $649.00, SEEMINGLY A BARGAIN.
    ALTHOUGH IT WAS NOT WEARING WELL, SHE LOVED IT ANYWAY. LO AND BEHOLD THE FRONT OF THE BAG HAS FADED TO AN UGLY GUNMETAL COLOR.
    WE BROUGHT IT IN TO THE STORE,WHERE THEY ARE STILL SELLING THE BAG, AND WERE TOLD THEY HAVE A 30 DAY RETURN POLICY AND THEY COULDN'T DO ANYTHING.
    WE WERE ALSO TOLD THAT MJ MAKES DIFFERENT BAGS FOR OUTLETS AND THIS BAG WAS NEVER IN THE "FULL PRICE" STORE.
    DOES ANYONE HAVE AN IDEA HOW TO PROCEED IN THIS MATTER?:mad:

2. Unfortunately I don't know. I know they wouldn't give you your money back, but off 5th should be able to take it and see if it could be fixed. I'm not saying you wouldn't have to pay for it since it is almost a year old, but I would call and ask.

I would tell you to try someone who could fix the bag, but this isn't really a fix. This is just the color has faded. But maybe you can get it redyed. That might work.

3. I bought my mom's first MJ bag at Off Saks too...6 months of gentle use later, the top zipper snapped off. after much, much grief they agreed to send the bag to be repaired. when it was sent back, someone had attached like a ykk zipper to it! so my mom refused to take it back bc she had not been told that the repair would be so useless and after some more grief, we were finally refunded the money to my mom's Saks card.

regarding this--"WE WERE ALSO TOLD THAT MJ MAKES DIFFERENT BAGS FOR OUTLETS AND THIS BAG WAS NEVER IN THE "FULL PRICE" STORE"--I have NEVER heard this and I wouldn't be surprised to learn that it isn't true if the SA was wrong--maybe you can post a picture and show us the discoloration and style? that way someone can see if it can be dyed or if it was in fact sold in the "full price" stores at some point?

if it is still being sold, perhaps you could exchange for the same bag or a different bag? my mom was given that option but couldn't find anything she wanted