Blue Fly sample sale in NY

1. I didn't find this posted any where but I could be wrong.

I was strolling along 6th avenue last night trying to find some beads for this necklace I'm trying to fix haha and came across this mini market. It had several small businesses that sold accessories, t-shirts, etc. (much like something you'd find at a flea market) but towards the back, they had a Bluefly sample sale! Not sure if it is legit, but they had Michael Kors boots for as low as $70, Jimmy Choos, Montcler coats, sunglasses from various designers - juicy, prada, dolce, and prada bags!, etc.

According to the guy who worked there, they'll probably be there throughout December until early January?? I'm not sure if other people have seen this before but I haven't so I'm now posting about it

If you move over to another room, they had an even larger sample sale filled with diesel jeans, and stuff from valentino, versace, etc.
    Again, I can't vouch for the legitimacy but they looked it to me. Here's the info I'm getting off their flyer:

"Up to 80% off retail!"
    Dec 10-17th, open all week from 10 AM - 7 PM

designers:
    luciano barbera
    corneliani
    diesel
    moncler
    jil sander
    versace
    roberto cavalli
    valentino

@ 1021 Sixth Avenue Between 38th and 39th.

If anyone goes, let me know what you think... i'm skeptical.

2. I did read from various areas that BlueFly samples sales existed, but I never knew where they were and when. I did see alot of BlueFly shopping bags before, and know it's happens around this time. So... maybe that just be it?

3. I went there once, years ago, and they had great stuff. It was in a storefront somewhere in Soho and it was legit. But a word of warning, sometimes it's damaged. More so than a normal sample sale. They sold me a Christian Louboutin pair of shoes for a steal but when i got home I found that the vamp had broken and been repaired, but they did not disclose that and I didn't notice at the time.

4. The Bluefly location is legit. That flea market thing is a new designers' showcase that's been there for the past couple of months.

5. This is in the Marriott Residence Inn building or next to it? The market was called The Underground and located elsewhere, but I don't remember where. I don't know where the BlueFly label came in, but this is supposed to be a market of emerging designers, something like the Young Designers' Market in Nolita (where they solicited vendors). A friend of mine was selling her handmade jewelry there one weekend, but there were manufactured items as well. When I was there 2 or 3 weeks ago, there were no high-end designer items, just items you'd find in a NYC flea market.

6. Fantastic. When the sale was in soho I went last year and the year before and the prices were amazing.
    Thanks for posting.

Certainly, some of the items are damaged, but many of the items are in perfect condition and are sold because they only have one or two and can't put them on the site.

7. Sounds like an addition to the designer's market? Must check it out!

8. Oh, yes! that's what it was called: The Underground. It's exactly as you described - a market for emerging designers ... the BlueFly sample sale was alllll the way towards the back (go to the back, then turn left)

If you go further left, thats where the other designer sample sale i was talking about is though I'm not sure they are affiliated with BlueFly.

9. Yea I would def. recommend anyone who's nearby to go... I went to the one on Soho last yr too... I bought Diesel jeans for $10... the prices were amazing... too bad this yr it's not so convenient for me... strange I didn't get an e-mail about the sample sale this yr...

10. soundjade<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_4627333", true); </SCRIPT> , did you see any shoes when you went? If so, do you remember any of the brands? TIA!

11. my memory is shot the only brands i remembered were michael kors and jimmy choos though there were a few other brands (high end) there, as well. definitely stop by!