BLOOMINGDALE'S SHIPPING!!!!!! Are you kidding me?

BaltimoreJenny

BaltimoreJenny
O.G.
Jul 1, 2006
I have to rant to those out there that may have experienced the same load of garbage I have with Bloomingdale's. This past Monday I ordered a Diane von Furstenberg dress. Yes, it was bad enough that they charged me $19.95 for shipping (but I did get 15% off the dress since I had a coupon, but still almost $20 to ship it????) but they just shipped yesterday....4 days to get the dress out to me?

Now to add insult to injury, when I just looked up the tracking number, it had been shipped via the United States Postal Service. COME ON!!!! :cursing:

How dare they charge me $20 to ship it, then ship it through the post office? For $20 I would expect it to ship next day via UPS or FedEx.

Is anyone out there with me on this one? Any chance that if I call to complain they will refund the the shipping charge?

Wow....the shipping costs do seem extraordinarily high. Especially when these days almost all the nicer stores have free shipping for expedited free shipping.

I've never ordered anything on-line from Bloomingdales's, but I do order tons from Bergdorf's, Neiman's and Saks and they always send the package out the next day and never have they used the USPS. That is poor customer service and not what one would expect from Bloomies.

In my book, everything counts... the selection of merchandise, the ease of using the website, the customer service, the price and the way the package was wrapped. (Sloppy taping, lack of tissue paper or other wrapping materials and flimsy boxes are not acceptable to me.)

I don't know if you'd ever get through to anyone on the phone, but maybe an e-mail would work.

Good luck!