Bloomingdales.com SALE! STRIKES again! furious! are you?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AMAZING!! AMAZING! They have done it again and I am sure that MANY of you have had the same insane thing happen to you!

During the big 40% off sale i was lucky enough to land a bagdley mishka bag in black and posted about how excited I was .....especially since it did NOT say 44 days it was 'IN STOCK' so there i have been since the order placed waiting patiently for my FIRST BAGDLEY BABY to arrive! How happy I was to know that she would be with my MARC JACOBS babies and stella mccartney and my vintage guccis to watch over them....
    Only You my sisters (and brothers?) would understand what I mean! even my BCBG babies were excited! lolol
    THIS WAS ON 1/25/08 ONLY ABOUT A WEEK AGO!
    CONFIRMATION of purchase was sent to me by email that day!

THEN the next day an email came that the order was SHIPPED!!! OHMYGOSH IT REALLY WAS 'IN STOCK'

Please indulge me and read the email for those of you who have not had such luck with bloomies
    :

<TABLE style="FONT-SIZE: 11px; COLOR: #666666; FONT-FAMILY: Arial; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>Dear Bloomies Shopper:

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE style="FONT-SIZE: 11px; COLOR: #666666; FONT-FAMILY: Arial; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>We're thrilled that you indulged in a little bloomingdales.com retail recreation - you deserve it.

You're one step closer to shopping nirvana because your order # shipment# 1, was shipped on 01/25/2008.

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    <TABLE style="FONT-SIZE: 11px; COLOR: #666666; FONT-FAMILY: Arial; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=EC_F1_S3_C1_T1_W2 align=left></TD></TR><TR><TD align=left></TD></TR><TR><TD></TD></TR><TR><TD></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<TABLE style="FONT-SIZE: 11px; COLOR: #666666; FONT-FAMILY: Arial; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD></TD></TR><TR><TD></TD></TR><TR><TD></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    <TABLE style="FONT-SIZE: 11px; COLOR: #666666; FONT-FAMILY: Arial; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY></TBODY></TABLE>
    <TABLE style="FONT-SIZE: 11px; COLOR: #666666; FONT-FAMILY: Arial; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top>Ship Date:01/25/2008</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    <TABLE style="FONT-SIZE: 11px; COLOR: #666666; FONT-FAMILY: Arial; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top>Ship Method: </TD><TD>GROUND</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE style="FONT-SIZE: 11px; COLOR: #666666; FONT-FAMILY: Arial; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=EC_F1_S3_C1_T1_W2>Packages in Shipment: 1</TD></TR><TR><TD class=EC_F1_S3_C1_T1_W2>Tracking Number: [​IMG]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    <TABLE style="FONT-SIZE: 11px; COLOR: #666666; FONT-FAMILY: Arial; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR bgColor=#666666><TD>[​IMG]</TD><TD style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold; COLOR: #ffffff" align=left>Vendor</TD><TD style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold; COLOR: #ffffff" align=left>PRODUCT DESCRIPTION</TD><TD style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold; COLOR: #ffffff" align=middle>ITEM PRICE</TD><TD style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold; COLOR: #ffffff" align=middle>Quantity</TD></TR><TR><TD>[​IMG]</TD><TD vAlign=top align=left></TD><TD vAlign=top align=left>FRME CHN SATCHEL</TD><TD vAlign=top align=middle>$141.60</TD><TD vAlign=top align=middle>1</TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=8>[​IMG]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    <TABLE style="FONT-SIZE: 11px; WIDTH: 700px; COLOR: #666666; FONT-FAMILY: Arial" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width=400><TD width=300><TABLE style="FONT-SIZE: 11px; WIDTH: 400px; COLOR: #666666; FONT-FAMILY: Arial" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>[​IMG]</TD><TD>[​IMG]</TD></TR><TR><TD style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; WIDTH: 50%; BORDER-BOTTOM: #666666 1px solid">Subtotal:</TD><TD style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold; WIDTH: 50%; BORDER-BOTTOM: #666666 1px solid" align=right>$141.60</TD></TR><TR><TD style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; WIDTH: 50%; BORDER-BOTTOM: #666666 1px solid">Standard Shipping:</TD><TD style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; WIDTH: 50%; BORDER-BOTTOM: #666666 1px solid" align=right>$12.95</TD></TR><TR><TD style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; WIDTH: 50%; BORDER-BOTTOM: #666666 1px solid">Sales Tax:</TD><TD style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; WIDTH: 50%; BORDER-BOTTOM: #666666 1px solid" align=right>$12.94</TD></TR><TR><TD style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; WIDTH: 50%; BORDER-BOTTOM: #666666 1px solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #f3f3f3">Shipment Total: </TD><TD style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; WIDTH: 50%; BORDER-BOTTOM: #666666 1px solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #f3f3f3" align=right>$167.49</TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=2>[​IMG]</TD></TR><TR><TD style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; WIDTH: 50%; BORDER-BOTTOM: #666666 1px solid">Amount Tendered:</TD><TD style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; WIDTH: 50%; BORDER-BOTTOM: #666666 1px solid">[​IMG]</TD></TR><TR><TD style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; WIDTH: 50%; BORDER-BOTTOM: #666666 1px solid"></TD><TD style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; WIDTH: 50%; BORDER-BOTTOM: #666666 1px solid" align=right>$167.49</TD></TR><TR><TD align=right colSpan=2>$167.49</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE style="FONT-SIZE: 11px; COLOR: #666666; FONT-FAMILY: Arial; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>We know you're anxious, but try to be patient. It may take the carrier 24 hours to update its records with your tracking information.</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    <TABLE style="FONT-SIZE: 11px; COLOR: #666666; FONT-FAMILY: Arial; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>You can keep tabs on your order around the clock at

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE style="FONT-SIZE: 11px; COLOR: #666666; FONT-FAMILY: Arial; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>Thanks again for shopping with us - it's been fun. Let's do it again soon.</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    <TABLE style="FONT-SIZE: 11px; COLOR: #666666; FONT-FAMILY: Arial; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>If you have any questions in the meantime, our customer service pages are full of answers. Visit customer service and get the inside scoop on Shipping Policies, Returns, your Order Status, Credit Services, and Gift Cards.

Yours truly,
    bloomingdales.com Customer Service

READ ON TO NEXT POST FOR RESULT

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

2. sooooooo PART TWO....
    for the past week i have been waiting patiently and excited! and posting notes on my door for the ups and fedex guys every time i walked out of the house just in case!

and TODAY i get THIS EMAIL HERE IT GOES

<TABLE style="FONT-SIZE: 11px; COLOR: #666666; FONT-FAMILY: Arial; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>Dear Bloomies Shopper:

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE style="FONT-SIZE: 11px; COLOR: #666666; FONT-FAMILY: Arial; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>We're thrilled that you indulged in a little bloomingdales.com retail recreation - you deserve it.

Sorry it didn't work out this time, but thanks for sending back your order.

bloomingdales.com Order #

It's back safely with us and we're processing your return right now</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    FRME CHN SATCHEL 1

Even better, we're crediting your account for the merchandise listed above in the amount of $167.49. If you used a Gift Card(s) to make this purchase, a new gift card will be issued to you promptly.

Your heart was probably set on your original order, but we promise we have something else meant just for you. Take a look on online at bloomingdales.com or contact one of our representatives at the toll free number listed below.

If you have any questions in the meantime, our customer service pages are full of answers. Visit Customer Service and get the inside scoop on Shipping Policies, Returns, your Order Status, Credit Services, and Gift Cards.

Yours truly,
    bloomingdales.com Customer Service

THIS HAS HAPPENED 8 TIMES SINCE AUGUST....instead of admitting that they are WRONG they PRETEND we RETURNED the item!!!
    and when you call to complain(i have not yet done it for THIS ONE i am waiting to think first)
    they usually just say well so it is out of stock that is why ..with no explaination of how they handled it and NO COMPENSATION!

sorry to complain here but i know many of you have had the same problem LET ALONE random cancellations for out of stock!

not important in the scheme of things in life of course! but I REALLY COULD HAVE USED A PICK ME UP this week!

thanks my friends for being there!

ginger

3. WOW WHAT A MESS!!! Thank you for posting your experience because I will NEVER order ANYTHING from them online EVER!!! THEY ARE TRYING TO BE SO CUTE THAT IT IS RUDE!!!!! :tdown::cursing::yucky::boxing::mad::rant:

4. Wow! How disappointing. I've never ordered from Bloomies, and this sure makes me want to keep it that way. This is terrible how they handle an "out of stock" item. The least they could do is apologize and give you a coupon for a future purchase. Sorry this has happened to you (again!).

5. I ordered for the first time from Bloomie's a couple of weeks ago and I'm too scared to order again, after hearing all these horror stories! That's simply awful - and then to pull a line about the "return"...unbelievable! I'm sorry you went through this :sad:

My shipping confirmation came with a tracking number. Is that how they are typically done? My tracking info says my scarf will arrive on the 6th...I will almost be stunned if it's the correct item at all! :rolleyes:

6. I got my scarf in 3 days even though it says will ship in 43 days

7. That just makes me sick to my stomach. The nerve of them to send an email stating that you returned the item. I would definitely call in and speak to a supervisor. That's totally unacceptable. I've ordered from them before with both positive and negative experiences. They really need to get their act together or they'll lose a lot of business to the better online merchants.
    Sorry you didn't get your bag, but there'll be something better for you... especially these days with the final markdowns on clearance stuff. Good luck. Let us know how it works out with bloomies.. hope they compensate you.

8. thanks sooo much! and yes sometimes the opposite happens and something they say is 44 days comes in three!
    enough to make you crazy...and worst of all is that i love the merchandise they carry.....
    will call them tomorrow and hope to get something from it.....especially since it is not the first time it happened...
    THANKSSS

9. So sorry you did not get your bag along with the ridiculous emails that they send. With all the grief that I went through with them (more cancellations than I can count) and the zillions of phone calls I made they sent me a $25.00 gift card and I got a code for 20% off a purchase. I used the code yesterday grudgingly 'cause i think I am probably in for more heartache as it was for a 44 day item.

On an additional note - they are so untogether! One of the items for which I received a cancellation actually arrived! What a surprise! It was the Napoli Tote from Gustto. It was thrown in the box in a plastic bag folded into itself. A $770 bag thrown in there like a piece of junk. I took the bag out, flattened it with my hand, puffed it with tissue and hung it for a period of time and the crease would not come out from the fold. Returned it!

And as you say, they have some really nice bags at really attractive pricing. But is it worth all this grief? Still searching for the answer myself!!!:shrugs:

10. Geez you think they have enough money to come up with a much more updated service status? They are the worst.

11. I never think of Bloomies since there has never been one close to me. Good thing based on all of the posts about headaches with them. Pretending you returned it, that is a new one. Sorry for your problems and I would definately escalate to a supervisor.

12. What is really sick about the whole thing is that red bag was on their website last week!!

13. I had a very bad experience, and I'm also furious. I ordered an MJ tote at a great price, it shipped early (when I ordered, it was back-ordered for 43 days), and I got the box. I was shocked, dismayed and horrified to open it and find: (1) the beautiful MJ tote I ordered?; or (2) a no-name piece of junk bag that wasn't even made of leather and couldn't have cost anyone more than $5. If you guessed (2), that's what it was. I am devastated and angry.

14. I had a very bad experience, and I'm also furious. I ordered an MJ tote at a great price, it shipped early (when I ordered, it was back-ordered for 43) days, and I got the box. I was shocked, dismayed and horrified to open it and find: (1) the beautiful MJ tote I ordered?; or (2) a no-name piece of junk bag that wasn't even made of leather and couldn't have cost anyone more than $5. If you guessed (2), that's what it was. I am devastated.

15. Yeeesh, that's horrible. Did they actually send you a valid tracking number and did you see if it ever did leave the warehouse? Or did they never even ship it out and just pretended they did and that you returned it?

Why is it the most expensive retailers are the ones with the worst service?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.