BLOOMINGDALES 50% off sale (weeks ago) bad news!! anyone else?

we ALL bought many great things last month with the big sale on line with bloomingdales 50% off all sale bags!

They say that the items are ALL DISCONTINUED! and that the good news is they will not charge me for them! lolol (hellooooo) and that i am free to order new items! BUT NO SALE PRICE!
    i just emailed them back and also will call in person did anyone else get this ...
    i can see ONE of the bags but all THREE....
    ALSO a very interesting thing is that two of the bags were still listed on sale up to YESTERDAY! did everyone get the letter! or do they not want to give the sale price anymore...i am so upset
    <TABLE style="FONT-SIZE: 11px; COLOR: #666666; FONT-FAMILY: Arial; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>We're thrilled that you indulged in a little retail recreation - you deserve it.

We hate to be the bearer of bad tidings, but the merchandise you ordered, which is listed below, has been discontinued. order #

The bad news is, we had to cancel your order. The good news is your account will not be charged for these items (or you'll have a refund or credit promptly). If you used a Gift Card(s) to make this purchase, a new gift card will be issued to you promptly.

We hate to disappoint you because you're one of our favorite customers (and we don't say that to just anyone). Please come back and shop with us soon.

Your heart was probably set on your original order, but we promise we have something else meant just for you. Take a look on online at or contact one of our representatives at the toll free number listed below. You can also send an email to the address below - just make sure to include your history in the message.
    <TABLE style="FONT-SIZE: 11px; COLOR: #666666; FONT-FAMILY: Arial; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>If you have any questions in the meantime, our customer service pages are full of answers. Visit Customer Service and get the inside scoop on Shipping Policies, Returns, your Order Status, Credit Services, and Gift Cards.

Yours truly, Customer Service
    Contact Us By Email
    Our office hours are Mon - Sat 9am to 6pm, Sun 11am to 7pm
    Shipping Policy
    Pricing Policy
    Privacy Policy
    Legal Notice
  2. that was really patronizing. I would print out the page with the bag on it and fax it to ten. How generous of bloomies to not charge you for bags that you're not going to receive.

Or better yet, buy the bag at full price and make them give you back the difference.
  3. they did the same thing to me when I ordered a M missoni dress. I was so sad!
  4. they have, without a doubt, the worst cs of all of the major department stores (at least online)

definitely print out the page with the bag on it and send it to them.

they're ridiculous.
  5. They always do this kind of things on their sale items!:cursing:
  6. Wow...they could not have handled that more poorly. That is ridiculous. Sorry you aren't going to be able to get your bags!
  7. Ugh, Bloomingdales is notorious for having a horrible online customer service department. They're not helpful or professional at all. How dare they act like it's such an honor on their part NOT to charge you for bags that you're not going to receive. WTF. I'm so sorry you got that e-mail; I don't order from anymore because of one horrible online experience I had (and yes, I got an infuriating e-mail to boot).

You definitely should complain.
  8. I ordered from their last couple online sale, both times I received email and was told goods that I ordered were discontinued!!
  9. That is complete BS. And I thought NM has the worst customer service. I would call and complain, especially since they still have one of the bags on the site at regular price. Make them honor the 50% off discount and hopefully they'll offer you something to use in the future too. Good luck!
  10. Utterly Ridiculous! The "good news" ??? Excuse me??? WTF
  11. I've had terrible experiences with bloomingdales also for their online site. Even with stuff not on sale. So this is definitely not suprising, just sorry it happened! Unfortunately calling them about it just exposes you to even more idiots that they have on staff.
  12. Their lack of customer service stands to reason- as they are both owned by Neiman Marcus...:rolleyes:
  13. Bloomies is terrible...I spent a lot with them online, until one time..returned two bags and they would not credit me .... then tried to say I only returned one my cc company involved to get my money. After 3 months finally got it straight and refuse to spend one more dime with them. Maybe I'm just one person, but if enough boycott them, they'll get the message.
    Sorry you got gypped on this sale...but it's typical of their terrible service. And they aren't going to do anything about it either...
    You'll find other great deals and the wonderful ladies on this forum will help you find them..
  14. Isn't that illegal for them not to sell it to you for the advertised discount and then put the same item up for full retail?