Block This Bidder Now!

1. I am so annoyed this is the second time this has happened to me in 2 days!

ivo9400 hijacked account. Just brought one of my items after yesterdays hijacked account incident I checked their bidding history- shock horror they have spent £2000 $4000 in 10 mins on eBay!

2. This is so not f****ng funny! Ok so i guess I am being targeted by fraudsters- another hijacked account! username iain_barr buying Gucci items buy it now- block him!

3. Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry this is happening to you! :sad:

4. OMG! what a mess!

5. So, what did they do exactly? A BIN and then did not pay?

6. Scammers hijack accounts all the time- I just happened to have listed a number of pieces from my personal collection with the buy it now or best offer option. The accounts hijacked were old accounts- probaly the owner of the account has replied to phishing email. And in all three cases the bidders have spent over $10000 per account on Gucci and Louis Vuitton buy it now!
    You as the seller then get a TKO notice saying-

Thank you for listing the following item/s on eBay
    We have removed these listings and will credit all fees to your account because it has come to our attention that the items were bought without the account owner's authorisation. We are now restoring the account to its owner.

Please be assured that there is no negative mark on your account because of this. We only removed your listing so that we could credit all of your Insertion and Final Value Fees and prevent any further problems arising such as Unpaid Item disputes or negative feedback.

Note: It may take up to ten days for all the Insertion and Final Value Fee credits to be shown on your account status page.

You are free to list the item again using the Sell Your Item form or other listing tools. Unfortunately the listing won't appear as an Unsold item in My eBay and we can't relist it for you. Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience.

Thank you for your understanding in this difficult matter. If you have any questions or require assistance, you can contact us from any eBay Help page.

Regards,

eBay Trust & Safety

The annoying thing is you cannot relist the item you have to do re-do the whole listing and I have had 8 items brought from 3 seperate hijacked accounts.

In the 5 yrs I have been selling on ebay it had happened just once to me. Now 3 times in 2 days!

7. Yikes!

I've only had that happen once as well.

I'm sorry this is happening to you!

What is the benefit of hijacked accounts? I always wonder if they think someone will mail this stuff out without getting paid??

8. Thats not the reason they do it! There are normally two reasons- they get the details of all the sellers they buy items off!

And most just do it for the pure fact of proving to ebay that they can get into their systems!

9. Blocked right now! Thanks.