Bleeding issue with the Downtown

1. Hi everyone!

I meant to post this a while ago, but I have been so busy lately that I forgot.

I've had my black Downtown tote for months now (I purchased it this past summer). It is absolutely my favorite bag, and I use it all the time. I noticed that the interior (the cloth) has BLED onto things that I toss in the bag --- my iPod earphones get black and book pages as well (I carry a few books with me everyday). One time, I was traveling and tossed a David Yurman pouch with some jewelry in the bag, and when I got to my destination, the white DY pouch was blackened in many places.

I have never carried my bag in the rain, or carried anything in there that would cause "moisture" (a water bottle for instance). I've never treated/conditioned the bag either.

Has anyone else experienced this? Or, is it just me? Should I call YSL (or take it back to NM where I purchased it from)? If this is something typical, I can live with it, but I wanted to throw this out there and see if this is an issue for anyone else.

2. I hadn't heard this! There is another thread "All About the Downtown" and no one has said anything about this. I have a silver downtown but have not carried very often. I will pay attention when I carry it next time!
  3. i have a brown downtown, although i never experienced this before, i usually put all the things i need ie wallet, cell, keys, ipod, cosmetics pouch, in a small black dust bag which then goes into my downtown... actually the SA recommended it, but she said that it was to prevent any marks or scratches to the suede lining...
  4. This has not happened to me, and my Downtown is one of my beat-about bags. I put EVERYTHING in it (including baby stuff) and it's my go-to bag for rainy days.

I must say,though,that most things I own are probably black to begin with so I may just not be seeing the transfer...LOL.

I would also contact your SA if it bothers you....or else be very careful what goes into it.