BLACK GST--It is shiny? Washed? PLS HELP.

1. So, I just received my Black GST from Saks in Santa Barbara... It seem pretty shiny, the caviar leather has quite a sheen to it. Does that mean it's the older version, from fall/winter?

Can anyone help? Thanks.

Oh, and there's no season on the tag, but the style # is A20995Y01864.

:smile:

2. Post some pictures and I'm sure someone can tell you. I prefer the older cavier to the washed myself.

3. I can't post cause I'm at work and don't have my camera... And about to leave on a work trip. Does anyone have a black GST who can give me info on the shine? lol. Thanks.

4. Originally Posted by nmarcus
    -------------------------

(I answered in the other thread, but thought I'd add here too...) just incase. LOL!

Umm...I don't know...Mine has some shine. Not a lot to wear it looks wet, or mirrored. KWIM? Glossy. Depending how I move the bag around...a gloss shines over it.

When I first got mine I thought it looked really shiny too. I think it might've been the lighting though. (I had been viewing it in my family room with some lighting).

Perhaps in certain lighting it may appear slightly more shiny. :shrugs:

HTH!! :yes:

--->> Ohh......also the style # on mine is the same.

5. Thank you!!

6. old Caviar should have a glossy finish and more stiff, there's also a new batch of 'Washed' Caviar that's less glossy & more soft :flowers: BTW, if you don't need it in a hurry, you should wait for Saks's EGC this month to get some $ back :graucho: there are plenty of threads about EGC in 'Deals and Steals' forum :smile:

7. Washed caviar is supposed to feel smooth, and regular caviar has the pebbly texture.

Not sure if that answers your question, but what is the serial number of the bag?