Black Diamonds

Here is a strand of black diamonds. I bought the diamonds and threaded it myself. I had the diamonds tested by 2 jewelers and they are definitely diamonds. Although, I cannot tell much more about them...if they are natural this color and so forth...

Here is a link to one on ebay.
eBay: Sophisticated Princess Black Diamond Ring 14K (item 2694028356 end time Feb-10-07 17:43:31 PST)

This one is bigger than most that I have seen. Most of the time I see black pave diamonds. I read that black and white jewelry is currently popular in Europe. I was thinking of getting a black diamond stacking band to go in between my white diamond ones. Of course, that's after the rose gold, tsavorite, alexandrite and ruby stackables that I've already added to my wish list.:P The list never ends...

Black diamonds are very popular this year they don't havethe fire of "white" diamonds becasue the light can't enter but they has a lusture like no other (this is basically surface shine) you can see a black diamond shine form across the room they are beautiful in their own way

I've read that black diamonds are unlike any other stones, they "sparkle" in their own way, and they're difficult to photograph. I haven't seen any black diamonds irl that struck me... perhaps I wasn't looking at any high quality ones.

I wonder if there is a concept of "inclusions" in a black diamond... I wouldn't think so, but who knows?

I was thinking of getting a black diamond stacking band to go in between my white diamond ones. Of course, that's after the rose gold, tsavorite, alexandrite and ruby stackables that I've already added to my wish list.:P The list never ends...

I totally know what you mean! :yes:

Here is my opinion........DeBeers is marketing their one-step-above their industrial diamonds as perfect for jewelry. I'm telling you, if you want the same sparkle, buy a hematite. They are almost identical.

here's a photo of my pendant as promised....the photos don't do it justice it's hard to photograph something so small...and the black diamonds are tiny but it's beautiful in person :roflmfao:

BrownBustierDress0151.jpg
BrownBustierDress0181.jpg

Yes, black diamonds exist, but they don't look anything like a diamond to me in the way they sparkle. Plus, they have more of a dark grey look to them instead of a true black, and light does not pass through/enter the stone like fancy coloured diamonds or white diamonds. Personally, I do not care for black diamonds and would rather wear black onyx, but they are significantly less expensive ct for ct than white or fancy coloured diamonds. She this photo.

http://www.biznet1.com/gems/diamonds/diamonds-india/balck-diamonds/blackdiamond1.jpg