Birth Control

1. What has been anyone's experience with birth control pills? My main purpose is to have fewer periods/suspend them. I have read and been told that intersitial cystitis( flares up and gets more painful before/during/after your period, something that I am by NO means ready for, I mean I don't want IC pain and menstrual pain, who would?
    It's odd, because I can't remember one time when I didn't have awful burning and burning with urination before my period(IC symptom.) I told a friend about this, and she said she gets it but it real mild, not in my case. So, if(99% positive) I have IC, along with treatment for IC, I am going to ask my doctor about having a pill that will let me have fewer periods, I would love to just stop completely(have absolutely no intentions in having children, always wanted to adopt), but don't know if that's possible. I would like to know your experience with BC pills, and which ones offer the fewest side effects(no cramping, spotting, etc.) but best results(fewer periods)? I know everyone is different and reacts differently to meds, but I would love to hear your experience with it. Thank you so much!
  2. I can't take BCPs but I have a Mirena IUD. I bled a lot at first but after the first three months I hardly got a period. Almost five years later I still hardly ever bleed at all.
  3. There are lots of different formulations out there--you have to find one that works for you. Everyone has different body chemistry, so what works for one person might be terrible for another.

There are two pills now, Seasonale and Seasonique, that are 13-week pills, so you only get your period 4 times per year. The same effect can also be achieved using monophasic pills designed for a 28-day cycle. But you will have to discuss this all with your doctor anyway!
  4. I'm on Brevicon, which is the same formulation as Ortho 0.5/35 - low progesterone, high estrogen. I back to back my pills for about 3 or 4 packs, so 2 or 3 months at a time. I have only had breakthrough bleeding once and I've been doing it for about a year and a half.
  5. Thanks for your replies! I have been looking into Syranel and, I think it's called Lupron. Has anyone tried these? Also seasonique is another possibility. I am more aiming for a high estrogen and low progesterone, so I am also going to look into Brevicon, like mentioned.