Birkin and Custom.... am i spending too much?

isus- with your direct no-nonsense approach to this issue, and positive, life-affirming sense of yourself, you sound like exactly the kind of person I would be proud to have as a friend!:flowers:

Since we are on this topic...can you answer a few questions for me?

If you purchase a 30 togo birkin in Paris how much will you end up paying in total after you get your VAT back? (what is the total savings from purchasing in the U.S.?)

How about a 32 togo Kelly?
It will depend slightly on the currency exchange the day the sale goes in, and then the day they actually credit you. The starting price now for birkin is 4500 Euro, - 450 E.= 4050 euro x $ 1.28= $ 5,184 (approx)
The kelly is 4000 - 400 = 3600 euro x 1.28$ = $ 4,608 )approx.) and as of current pricing...:flowers:

you're not nuts. once you go hermes, you're in for life. i tried, i actually tried to stray, to save some $, tried to be satisfied with some trendy bag. after hermes, 1k or 2k seems like a HUGE rip off for what you get for your money. At least hermes delivers (quality, style, service). yes, it's too much money, but if a bag "worth" $75 or $150 is going to cost you 1-2k these days, then hermes is fair in their prices. i'm saying everything is inflated. there are bags i see that make me want to shout out "you paid $800 for THIS?" (but i don't.) it's all relative.
i love hermes! i'm ruined for life!

How embarrasing... I can't believe they officers said that in such a loud voice like that! I know, I can't talk to anyone about bags properly here except for my mother and one of my friends who loves and appreciates high-end stuff... everyone else always makes comments about what a waste of money it is!

It's so frustrating - if I can afford it, who cares?!

The tax refund at Sydney is around 9-10% which i am not very sure. They will refund it when you depart the country within 30 days and put it back either in your cc or send you a draft.

I agree that the custom officer is so UNPROFESSIONAL!!!