Big Sigh...

1. I bought a mono speedy 30 earlier this week. I stuffed it with a bunch of cotton turtlenecks to get the creases out. I read up on patina in the patina thread. (I love the patina on the bags so it looks like you've always had it.)

Since I brought it home it's been overcast or raining. I can't put it in the sun - no sun. I can't take it in the rain - water spots.

Here's the big sigh.....I just checked the 10-day forecast we are going to have showers through the weekend and we aren't supposed to have any real sun until Tuesday! OH well - the creases will be completely gone by then I guess!
  2. Awww... I bet you're so anxious to wear the bag out!!! :sweatdrop:

But at least on the brightside... all of the creases will more than likely be out by then. :wlae:
  3. I'm sorry that you haven't been able to carry the bag. But look on the bright side, you will so love it when you will be able to carry it with pride!
  4. Awww, rain sucks! It's been raining here too the last several days. At least the creases will be gone though.
  5. It will darken up with time anyway, don't you think there's something exciting about letting it darken naturally?
  6. I feel your pain! I just got an Azur Speedy and I'm having the same problem with the rain. Booo!! I can't take her out to play!
  7. aww that sucks! Hopefully you can take her out soon!!!
  8. I don't think there will be waterspots...there's not that much vachetta and you'll probably have an umbrella... now the cabas piano or something will be another story...
  9. Hmmm.....well the mono is mostly treated canvas.....
    If you can accept a lil rain on the trim/ can still wear it out?!
  10. Bummer!! Nothing like wanting to carry a new LV bag and the weather isn't cooperating!! On the bright side --- the creases will be out by the time you get to take it out!
  11. Chin up girl... the bag will be with you for a long time, so seeing how well you know to take care of it, there'll be a lot more uses to get out of your LV. The patience will pay off trust me.

In the mean time, tote it around the house and take pics for us here at TPF hehe:drool:
  12. is there any way to clear those water spots?my tompkins vernis needs help:sad::sad::sad:
  13. O wells, i have the same problem whenever i carry new bags, i'll get really paranoid. but after some time, it'll be alright =)
  14. I've had all of my speedies since October of last year and they all still have creases. Maybe it's where I live (Dallas area) but it seems like it's taking forever for the creases to come out of my bags. I use them all the time and I leave them stuffed when I'm not using them, so I guess it will just take mine longer. Anyway, hang in there and you'll be carrying it in no time. Congrats on getting the bag!
  15. I live in a country where it always looks like it is going to rain. So I use my most treasured bags, but always carry a folded-up plastic bag inside. In case of a down pour, I put my bag inside.