Big Shots (premieres this Thursday at 10:00 on ABC)

I think it would be safe to say that half of us wouldnt be watching Big SHots if Dylan Mc Dermott and Michael Vartan hadn't drawn us in :amuse:

Last night's episode wasn't bad. I like Elizabeth, Duncan's ex. She's really pretty and it sucks that his timing was off. I never liked her new fiance, Terrence. After following her to the restaurant, he's starting to remind me of a creepy David Copperfield (redundant?).

Is it just me or does anyone else see the futility of Duncan having a bastard son? How is this going to contribute to the plot? At least bringing Dontrelle back into the storyline will be ...amusing :P

Michael Vartan and Nia Long's characters need to hurry up and just hook up. Its sad she had to resort to dating a Married man to feel validated in her relationship.

Next week's previews didnt look that appealing to me... but of course I'll be watching

Swanky Mama! How could your dvr do that to you!! Maybe ur DH sabotaged it so you couldnt see any yummy eye candy before bed :P

This is what the abc website said:

"Duncan's reputation could block a huge deal for Reveal, so he enlists Cameron to help him appear like a perfect father; James tries to patch up hard feelings between his girlfriend and Katie as he wrestles with telling Katie the truth about her boyfriend; Brody's father-in-law pays the guys a visit and rubs them all the wrong way; Karl struggles with Wendy's wanting him to sleep with Marla, his ex-mistress, so they can have a baby; and Cameron tries to deal with Zack's shocking news."

Here's the juicy details:

James (Michael Vartan) and his coworker (Nia Long) decide to have a double date dinner since both of their S.O's thing they each have a "thing" for each other. They wanted to disprove that. During dinner, James gets a call from Brody who tells him that Nia Long's bf is Married!! SO he abruptly leaves and Nia long follows him. He blows the bad news to her, except she already knew! At some point in the episode she tells James the Married guy is the only one that makes her feel intelligent and sexy- the only one besides James. James kisses Nia Long!

Later, Zach ends up helping Duncan seal the deal with a new company. That company's CEO wanted Duncan to sleep with her, but then he couldnt do it. He figured the deal was blown but to his surprise, it actually went through. The former CEO told him Zach was the reason. He asked Zach "what did you do to make this deal go through?" Zach replied "Her."

Sometime before the deal happened, Duncan met up with his ex-wife to try to figure out why his daughter was acting so weird. She told him it was because she was probably afraid of losing his affections to Zach, now that they learned he has a son (which was substantiated by a blood test). While Elizabeth and Duncan are discussing this in a restaurant, Terrence had followed them and saw them through the restaurant window. He was NOT happy!

Carl's wife finally gives in to the idea of adoption.

Brody goes off on his father in law about how rotten he is, which causes him to have an attack.

I think this is pretty much it. Previews werent that exciting :hrmm:

^^ Hi Swanky, I'm still watching!! No one bothers to post here so maybe it's just the two of us watching ;P

I dunno about the turn of events. Now Marla AND Carl's wife are both preggers? And Duncan's "son" killed Elizabeth's new hubby? I do think that the blonde guy's wife is pretty- i guess she only made a cameo for that one episode. I really hope this show doesnt end abruptly mid-season w/o some sort of closure/finale!

^didn't Janelle look just like the girl on the highway w/ a flat tire? Or were they role-playing?
Anyhow, she's adorable!
I hated Lisabeth's new DH but I hope Lis learns he didn't actually put a hit on him. Seems like Duncan hasn't really defended himself on that yet.

What about James & his co-worker!? She's stunning!

That was Janelle in the bachellor pad episode.

But it was Heather by the side of the road with the car.

I did find it odd that they never showed Brody's wife. I'm guessing it was a sort of role-playing thing.

I think they were the same. . . Janelle is notorious for knowing EVERYTHING, she'd know if he met a girl named Hether! LOL!
It's part of her character, of her character!
They look the same; cute, brunette, huge warm smile, dimples, etc. . . .
Also, it didn't seem like him to cheat. . . he even took her to the wedding that episode.

Yes, Janelle was never shown previous to that episode; they were role-playing. It was cute! Charisma Carpenter- that sounds familiar. what else has she been in?

Man I'm disappointed that James and his coworker arent getting into a "thing" ...or wait, are they? During the wedding episode they ended up in bed, but then at work they were hiding it, then that prissy jerk was trying to blackmail them, but they ended the relationship, right? Or do i have the order of events backward? :confused1: Anyhow, the plot is getting complicated, and I really hope Duncan somehow is able to prove to Lisbeth that he didnt put a hit out on the snooty DH.