Big rave for Assets by Sara Blakely (cheaper Spanx!!)

1. I was at Target yesterday and picked up the Assets version of the Power Panty and the black opaque pantyhose.

First of all, let me just say how thrilled I am with both products. I am shocked that at literally HALF the price of Spanx, I think they're actually BETTER. The material actually seems heftier to me. The Assets black pantyhose is truly opaque, whereas I have not found any Spanx black pantyhose to be truly opaque.

These are really great. I tried out Spanx and it just didn't perform the way I had hoped, but these are fantastic, and half the price!

www.loveassets.com

2. I'm going to give these a try. I am a huge fan of Spanx cropped footless tights. In fact I just picked up several new pair. But Spanx uses different materiel for the panty than for the legs so they can't be worn alone. Assets look like they can be worn alone or with a shorter skirt than with Spanx. I'll go out today and pick up a pair and report back.

3. Hmm, thanks for posting this! I'll definitely have to get some the next time I go to Target. It's FREEZING out and it'll be great to have heavier tights!

4. I've seen these and wondered about them. I've never tried Spanx, b/c of the price tag. I may have to pick up a pair of these and give them a go!

5. I love Assets pantyhose!!! :tup:

I rarely wear a pair of stockings more than twice, so I consider them disposable. At the rate I go through them, I would NEVER pay the money for Spanx. So whenever these are on sale at Target I buy a bunch!!:yes:

6. I have the opaque black assets and I agree that they are great! I think they are around $10-$12.

7. thanks for the info annie, target is my absolute favorite place to wander around looking for random stuff to buy, so i'm sure a pair or two of these will find their way into my buggy in the near future.

8. Good to know! I saw these at Target and wondered about them. Thanks for the info! :tup:

9. I thought someone had said at one time in a post that Assets were actually made by Spanx? Am I wrong?

10. ^They are made by Spanx; they are just a less expensive version sold at Target.

11. Thanks for sharing. One thing I am confused about though is, are they one-use items? I'd think Assets was considering the price but for Spanx... no way in hell am I going to spend that much to get one wear out of it!

12. ^ No, they're not really disposable. I'm just terrible about ripping my stockings, so I never seem to get more than one or two wears out of mine, whether they're expensive or not :hrmm:...