Big event tonight - choose handbag or shoes first?

Thanks everyone - I still haven't made up my mind yet and I just got back from my girlfriend who works in the fashion industry! I know the black/tan outfit would look very good and classic but I'd like to spice it up a bit more.

Black and tan - very classic. Black capris, tan & black printed sleeveless knit top (Donna Karan). Raw silk blazer because it might get chilly at night. This would be my first outing with the Chanel Reporter bag. It is mostly cream with black CCs.

I'm in love with my new Fendi bag color and I'd like to use that tonight - I guess that is why I am torn.

If I go with the colorful outfit I am going to dress husband and kids in bright colors also and we will all sort of "match". I have great Ralph Lauren shirts for the boys that are bright pink with different colored stripes - but not matching.

Without saying too much the event is at the Calatrava art museum and is sponsored by a large brokerage/financial firm. It is by invitation only and they were very particular as to who got invited. We have a HUGE music festival going on right now at the lakefront and tonight is the first night of the 10 day event. There will be an amazing show of fireworks and it is unbelievable to watch from this vantage. It should be the social event of the summer and I can't believe I am still trying to figure out what to wear - help!!

I've attached a picture of the art museum. Google Calatrava. He is an amazing architect. How we got this wonderful building here in Wisconsin is a miracle.

Attachments

• photogallery_sm_MAMFullNightView.jpg
    photogallery_sm_MAMFullNightView.jpg
    7.1 KB · Views: 23
What a cool place! I think the brightly colored family strategy will make you all stand out and look festive. Wear the Chanel to the next semi-formal summer affair. This sounds really upbeat and celebratory.