Big Descision!

Which German School?

1. Berlin, Germany

2. Munich, Germany

3. Vienna, Austria

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. OK... I'm planning on going to a language school in August in Germany or Austria. I can figure out which one to go to!

I want somewhere where I can do fun things after school and on weekends or go on excursions and see the scenery!

Which one would you choose? HELP!
  2. Noone??
  3. I asked Vlad, who grew up in Germany. He said he would avoid Berlin, because while it is very exciting it is a really huge, hustle-bustle city.

Munich is stunning- I went there with him! Love the Bavaria area!
  4. I've heard from several German friends that Hannover is the place to study German. The German in Vienna is a bit different than "high German" and in the East, the accent is also different. Where ever you choose, enjoy and have fun!

5. I agree with Megs. My Mom is from Bavaria and it's a great area!
  6. I have no clue but it sounds like fun wherever you go!
  7. I love Munich and it seems like it will be closer to other parts of Europe you can easily visit. Good luck and let us know what you decide!
  8. I love Berlin! It's such an amazing city with lots of stuff to do
  9. Berlin, Germany!
  10. Really I can´t say anything about where to learn german as I don´t speak german !
    But in terms of cities I have been to both Berlin and Munich and I loved them both, but for a student Berlin is the buzzzz !!!
    While Munich is in Bavaria and while that area is beautiful, it´s a posh conservative city, while Berlin is younger, cheaper and (but the west side is where you have all luxury brands and luxurious areas) the east area "Mitte".....OMG full of open-minded,inspirational people and students, you get that creative vibe, they have opened art shops everywhere where they are free to express themselves,and it´s cheap to find an appartment, I haven´t seen such a cool atmosphere in any other european city -except Barcelona- !!!!! shops, restaurants are trendy, affordable and great !!
    Now it depends of you, what suits you ! Both cities are fantastic I think.
  11. I just asked to a german friend : she said Berlin ->more fun , more creative, cheaper and easy to find an appartment.....Munich-> beautiful landscape, but conservative and expensive, "as a student it´s not fun if you can´t go out"
    - and if you want to meet other students = Berlin......voilà !!

12. Thanks! My SIL also said Munich b/c she is also from Bavaria and says it's beautiful! I think I may go there!