Beyond the Rack

I read through the thread so I know I'm in for a long wait. I know some of the people bought items and received lesser quality. I purchased a LV bag during the last vintage sale and I'm not too worried about it being authentic after reading through this thread but I'm worried because it was one of the lowest priced items and under description all it stated was that the handles were worn. Has anybody bought vintage from them and received it in way worse condition then described? TIA.

I am going to say that the first time I bought a vintage piece from them, it was exactly as pictured so there were no surprises. The second time I ordered a vintage piece it was much, much worse than described--and not only that, they folded the vernis bag onto itself so that they created creases where the finish started peeling off...It was in horrible shape! I emailed them and told them the bag was damaged during shipment. Because it was damaged, they agreed for me to return the bag. When I returned it, they actually REFUSED the return! I had to call them again and remind them about our prior conversations. As of now, the bag is back enroute to me--they told me to refuse the shipment so they can get it back and refund me.

All in all, it has been a painful, PAINFUL experience and it hasn't been resolved. I am on the verge of filing a charge-back.

Please THINK TWICE about ordering from that site. The items are authentic and you can get great deals but it can be very, very frustrating and painful. Apparently the people there don't talk to each other about they need to do for their customers...

I have photos by the way:

image-2563588672.jpg

image-2173516606.jpg

image-4126181790.jpg

Attachments

• image-2885905331.jpg
    image-2885905331.jpg
    487.8 KB · Views: 1,466
I am going to say that the first time I bought a vintage piece from them, it was exactly as pictured so there were no surprises. The second time I ordered a vintage piece it was much, much worse than described--and not only that, they folded the vernis bag onto itself so that they created creases where the finish started peeling off...It was in horrible shape! I emailed them and told them the bag was damaged during shipment. Because it was damaged, they agreed for me to return the bag. When I returned it, they actually REFUSED the return! I had to call them again and remind them about our prior conversations. As of now, the bag is back enroute to me--they told me to refuse the shipment so they can get it back and refund me.

All in all, it has been a painful, PAINFUL experience and it hasn't been resolved. I am on the verge of filing a charge-back.

Please THINK TWICE about ordering from that site. The items are authentic and you can get great deals but it can be very, very frustrating and painful. Apparently the people there don't talk to each other about they need to do for their customers...

I have photos by the way:

View attachment 1654555

View attachment 1654558

View attachment 1654556

Wow! I can't cancel now so hopefully the item comes okay but thanks for the warning.

Ive ordered from BTR a few times and i had no problem with the transactions except it takes an ETERNITY for the purchases to arrive. However, the cheap boots (not brand names) that are around $20-$40, the quality was really bad that I gave both boots away before wearing! Now im just gonna stick to quality name brands! >_<

:smile::P;):biggrin: I FOUND THIS ONLINE SITE AFTER LOOKING OVER OTHER SAMPLE SITES AND SEEING RIDICULOUSLY HIGH PRICES FOR SCHMATTAS I FOUND REPULSIVE..OR ITEMS THAT WERE NEVER IN MY SIZE!! ..I HAVE PURCHASED ABOUT 12 ITEMS SINCE DECEMBER..THE CLOTHES ARE BEAUTIFUL, THE PRICE RANGE IS FABULOUS FOR ALMOST ANY BUDGET AND THE ONLINE SITE IS CLEAR, CONCISE AND EASY TO READ!! ONCE YOU PUT AN ITEM IN YOUR BAG...BE FAST!! AFTER 15 MINUTES IT GOES BACK IN STOCK!! I TAKE A SMALL IN EVERYTHING BUT IF THE STOCK IS LOW..CLOCK RUNNING OUT I'LL GRAB A MEDIUM!!! ..RETURNING AN ITEM WAS GREAT AND CUSTOMER SERVICE WAS EXCELLENT!!! YES--THERE IS A LONG WAIT FOR ITEMS UNLIKE NORDSTROM WHICH PRACTICALLY JETS THE ITEMS TO YOU!! REMEMBER IT TAKES 2 WEEKS FROM THE TIME YOU ORDER..TO THE TIME IT GETS TO THEIR WAREHOUSE..TO THE TIME IT GETS TO YOU!! THAT IS THE ONLY REAL DRAWBACK!!! YOU CAN CANCEL..JUST CALL AND GIVE THEM A REASON..I HAD NO PROBLEM..ORDERED SOME ITEMS FOR AN AFFAIR THAT WAS CANCELED..THEY TOOK CARE OF IT...EVERYTIME I VISIT THIS SITE THERE IS A GREAT ITEM..AT A GREAT PRICE!!!! I LOVE IT!!! WENT ON OTHER OFF-PRICE SITES AND CAME BACK HERE..TIME AND TIME AGAIN!!!!

:smile::P;):biggrin: I FOUND THIS ONLINE SITE AFTER LOOKING OVER OTHER SAMPLE SITES AND SEEING RIDICULOUSLY HIGH PRICES FOR SCHMATTAS I FOUND REPULSIVE..OR ITEMS THAT WERE NEVER IN MY SIZE!! ..I HAVE PURCHASED ABOUT 12 ITEMS SINCE DECEMBER..THE CLOTHES ARE BEAUTIFUL, THE PRICE RANGE IS FABULOUS FOR ALMOST ANY BUDGET AND THE ONLINE SITE IS CLEAR, CONCISE AND EASY TO READ!! ONCE YOU PUT AN ITEM IN YOUR BAG...BE FAST!! AFTER 15 MINUTES IT GOES BACK IN STOCK!! I TAKE A SMALL IN EVERYTHING BUT IF THE STOCK IS LOW..CLOCK RUNNING OUT I'LL GRAB A MEDIUM!!! ..RETURNING AN ITEM WAS GREAT AND CUSTOMER SERVICE WAS EXCELLENT!!! YES--THERE IS A LONG WAIT FOR ITEMS UNLIKE NORDSTROM WHICH PRACTICALLY JETS THE ITEMS TO YOU!! REMEMBER IT TAKES 2 WEEKS FROM THE TIME YOU ORDER..TO THE TIME IT GETS TO THEIR WAREHOUSE..TO THE TIME IT GETS TO YOU!! THAT IS THE ONLY REAL DRAWBACK!!! YOU CAN CANCEL..JUST CALL AND GIVE THEM A REASON..I HAD NO PROBLEM..ORDERED SOME ITEMS FOR AN AFFAIR THAT WAS CANCELED..THEY TOOK CARE OF IT...EVERYTIME I VISIT THIS SITE THERE IS A GREAT ITEM..AT A GREAT PRICE!!!! I LOVE IT!!! WENT ON OTHER OFF-PRICE SITES AND CAME BACK HERE..TIME AND TIME AGAIN!!!!

This kind of reads like an advertisement almost.....

So after a couple of painful experiences with BTR, I swore I'd never order from them again. I still get their emails, but almost always delete them without ever opening or reading them, but for some reason, an email last week caught my eye, and when I opened the link I found a bag I had been looking for that was proving to be impossible to find -- it said it was in someone else's bag and to check back in 20 minutes, but when I opened the description, it was available so I could add it to my cart.

The price wasn't THAT great (a couple hundred less than retail), but considering how rare this bag is, I was willing to pay whatever price they were asking. They also noted that this item would ship within 5 days! So I went ahead and made the purchase

Never got an email confirming my order, never got an email notifying me that it had been shipped -- never got an email of any kind whatsoever, but I kept track of its progress every day on their website. It was en route to BTR within 1 day, arrived at their warehouse within 2 days, was prepared for shipping within 3 days, and shipped on the 5th day (3rd business day, actually!). The bag arrived safe and sound 3 day later and I'm thrilled!

The bag was perfect. It came with all its tags, care cards and sleeper bag. it was in flawless condition.

I wouldn't go so far as to say BTR has redeemed themselves, but I MAY be willing to give them another try if the circumstances were right. I don't think I'd ever order anything that wasn't available with a 5 day shipping period, and it would have to be something like my bag -- that's HTF and that I can't find anywhere else.

I still don't understand WHY their shipping times are so long. If they can get some things within 5 days, why can't they get everything that fast? And I still don't approve of they're charging credit cards 4-6 weeks before they actually ship. I don't care how they justify that, it's still wrong, IMO

Hi. Guys. I am new here. Thanks God I can post now. I just registered yesterday. And I want to share my BTR shopping experience yesterday!!

In the last whole year, I only bought an Armani wallet for my father. Since all my Asian friends are saying good things about this website, I never questioned the authenticity. However, after buying an expensive Celine Luggage on May 19th, I realized that they did not achieve their promise for shipping in three days and they don't have good service. The girl that I called to was not nice. She kept telling me that people in Canada are having holidays but US people would never know. In a word, she refused to give me any worthy information.

Yesterday, I started a research about this website and this thread really shocked me!!! I almost read all the threads in TPF and I also searched for reviews in Google or Yahoo. What frustrated me most was not about the speed, but the authenticity of the products. In a Chinese forum, a girl bought another type of Armani wallet, which I believed was from the same event, and she said it was fake... I saw the pictures. The logo of Armani was not straight. And the box was as simple and weird as mine. However, they were also people who support BTR. They said that Armani is actually not the top company for leather goods and their wallet are actually not well-made.

For the whole yesterday, which is May 23nd, I called them for more than 10 times!!! I feel it really worked~~!!! And that was my secret for fighting them.
The first two girls did not help me at all. But I did not give up. I kept calling them with different questions (authenticity, delivery time, shipping time, etc) The third person I talked to was a male, and he was super super nice!! I told him that I am taking a fight on 28th and I need the receive the bag before that time. I asked if they can ship my item today and change my shipping method to an express one. He said that the express shipping might cost another $200 but he would require the information for me and would call me back. After 2 hours, he did call me back, saying that they would send my item out in the next day and the extra charging for shipping was only $36 for receiving the package in the next 2 days, which is supper fast.

Luckily, my tracking order was changed into "shipped" but I know this is not the ending. I made another two calls on yesterday evening and asked for the tracking number. Of course they said they did not have that. But I kept telling them that I would call them again and again and I would cancel my order if I could not get the tracking number in the next day.

I called them again this morning. When the girl refused to give me the tracking number, I asked her to transfer the line to her manager. Of course, I waited for 2 minutes without anyone picking up the phone, which I had expected.
But when the line transfered back to the girl again, she said that the manager had already sent me the tracking number yesterday to my email. I never received their email except for advertisements, so I knew she was lying and I knew this happened to many people in this forum before. I asked her to read the tracking number to me and I checked it right after. It showed that the package was already in my city now. Since there were people who received wrong tracking numbers from BTR, I then called Fedex and they told me the name and zip code, which turned out to be right. And they said I would be able to receive it today.

Yesterday, since I read a thread about a fake Fendi bag from BTR, I also started a research about my Celine bag: the Royal Blue Micro. I went to the largest shopping site in China, where you can find all types of fake or authentic Celine bags. And it showed that the royal blue Micro was still a new bag so people did not have fake ones online. But there are a lot fake royal blue Mini. I later searched for the people who purchase the authentic bags abroad and sell them back in China. There are only 2-3 people that got the Royal Blue Micros from stores and they have pictures of the bag that had been taken in a real Celine store. So what I am sure now was that there were a few royal blue Micros selling now and there were no fake ones as long as I search online.

I called the Celine store in NYC but they refuse to authenticate anything. What I will do next is to shoot photos of the bag and post it on Authenticate This thread right after I receive it. I really wish it is authentic.

In a word, the process had been really tough. I never thought about buying these expensive bags online because you are always going to worry about speed and authenticity and the stores will never help you. However I cannot help getting this bag because I have been waiting for this color forever!!!
I will avoid most part of the website, particularly all the pre-owned bags. But if you see something that you have been waiting for years and are not second-hand, you can do a research about the bag and consider to buy it if you don't see a lot fakes. Once you place the order, make sure to call them and tell them that you are very serious. Tell them that you are going to call you bank if they keep lying about the shipping time.

This is my first post and I am so happy to share this experience.

Last edited:
Hi. Guys. I am new here. Thanks God I can post now. I just registered yesterday. And I want to share my BTR shopping experience yesterday!!

In the last whole year, I only bought an Armani wallet for my father. Since all my Asian friends are saying good things about this website, I never questioned the authenticity. However, after buying an expensive Celine Luggage on May 19th, I realized that they did not achieve their promise for shipping in three days and they don't have good service. The girl that I called to was not nice. She kept telling me that people in Canada are having holidays but US people would never know. In a word, she refused to give me any worthy information.

Yesterday, I started a research about this website and this thread really shocked me!!! I almost read all the threads in TPF and I also searched for reviews in Google or Yahoo. What frustrated me most was not about the speed, but the authenticity of the products. In a Chinese forum, a girl bought another type of Armani wallet, which I believed was from the same event, and she said it was fake... I saw the pictures. The logo of Armani was not straight. And the box was as simple and weird as mine. However, they were also people who support BTR. They said that Armani is actually not the top company for leather goods and their wallet are actually not well-made.

For the whole yesterday, which is May 23nd, I called them for more than 10 times!!! I feel it really worked~~!!! And that was my secret for fighting them.
The first two girls did not help me at all. But I did not give up. I kept calling them with different questions (authenticity, delivery time, shipping time, etc) The third person I talked to was a male, and he was super super nice!! I told him that I am taking a fight on 28th and I need the receive the bag before that time. I asked if they can ship my item today and change my shipping method to an express one. He said that the express shipping might cost another $200 but he would require the information for me and would call me back. After 2 hours, he did call me back, saying that they would send my item out in the next day and the extra charging for shipping was only $36 for receiving the package in the next 2 days, which is supper fast.

Luckily, my tracking order was changed into "shipped" but I know this is not the ending. I made another two calls on yesterday evening and asked for the tracking number. Of course they said they did not have that. But I kept telling them that I would call them again and again and I would cancel my order if I could not get the tracking number in the next day.

I called them again this morning. When the girl refused to give me the tracking number, I asked her to transfer the line to her manager. Of course, I waited for 2 minutes without anyone picking up the phone, which I had expected.
But when the line transfered back to the girl again, she said that the manager had already sent me the tracking number yesterday to my email. I never received their email except for advertisements, so I knew she was lying and I knew this happened to many people in this forum before. I asked her to read the tracking number to me and I checked it right after. It showed that the package was already in my city now. Since there were people who received wrong tracking numbers from BTR, I then called Fedex and they told me the name and zip code, which turned out to be right. And they said I would be able to receive it today.

Yesterday, since I read a thread about a fake Fendi bag from BTR, I also started a research about my Celine bag: the Royal Blue Micro. I went to the largest shopping site in China, where you can find all types of fake or authentic Celine bags. And it showed that the royal blue Micro was still a new bag so people did not have fake ones online. But there are a lot fake royal blue Mini. I later searched for the people who purchase the authentic bags abroad and sell them back in China. There are only 2-3 people that got the Royal Blue Micros from stores and they have pictures of the bag that had been taken in a real Celine store. So what I am sure now was that there were a few royal blue Micros selling now and there were no fake ones as long as I search online.

I called the Celine store in NYC but they refuse to authenticate anything. What I will do next is to shoot photos of the bag and post it on Authenticate This thread right after I receive it. I really wish it is authentic.

In a word, the process had been really tough. I never thought about buying these expensive bags online because you are always going to worry about speed and authenticity and the stores will never help you. However I cannot help getting this bag because I have been waiting for this color forever!!!
I will avoid most part of the website, particularly all the pre-owned bags. But if you see something that you have been waiting for years and are not second-hand, you can do a research about the bag and consider to buy it if you don't see a lot fakes. Once you place the order, make sure to call them and tell them that you are very serious. Tell them that you are going to call you bank if they keep lying about the shipping time.

This is my first post and I am so happy to share this experience.

You lucky lady for purchasing the Royal Blue Micro! I missed the boat on the sale and recently missed the boat on the Ruelala Celine sale as well. With all of these sample sale sites, it is best to have the item authenticated when you receive it. Although it may not be intentional, some super fakes slip through the cracks. The girls on the authenticate ___ forum are fabulous and work generously and tirelessly to ease our fears. Good luck and I hope to see a reveal on the Celine forum soon!

You lucky lady for purchasing the Royal Blue Micro! I missed the boat on the sale and recently missed the boat on the Ruelala Celine sale as well. With all of these sample sale sites, it is best to have the item authenticated when you receive it. Although it may not be intentional, some super fakes slip through the cracks. The girls on the authenticate ___ forum are fabulous and work generously and tirelessly to ease our fears. Good luck and I hope to see a reveal on the Celine forum soon!

Just received the bag this morning and I have posted the pictures:

http://forum.purseblog.com/celine-s...se-read-rules-use-format-post-353733-351.html

The bag is very pretty in itself and no default at all. It looks even better than the one I bought from the Celine store. :smile: I am waiting for their kindly replies now.

Just received the bag this morning and I have posted the pictures:

http://forum.purseblog.com/celine-s...se-read-rules-use-format-post-353733-351.html

The bag is very pretty in itself and no default at all. It looks even better than the one I bought from the Celine store. :smile: I am waiting for their kindly replies now.

Just update the news now!!! My Celine bag is authentic!!
Besides mine, another lady's phantom from the same event is also authentic.
I think Beyond the Rack is trustable this time. :smile:))))))