BEWARE: phishing emails from paypal?

1. Hi girls,

I keep getting these in my email, purportedly from paypal. please be wary of these kinds of emails. i just reported this to paypal.:tdown: this is ridiculous! to think anyone from Paypay would use a yahoo email account for official purposes...

DON'T CLICK ON THE LINK!

Email was sent from "PayPal Security Center <pp-verify@yahoo.com>" with the subject heading "PayPal Accounts Management!"

Dear valued PayPal member,

It has come to our attention that your PayPal account information needs to be updated as part of our continuing commitment to protect your account and to reduce the instance of fraud on our website. If you could please take 5-10 minutes out of your online experience and update your personal records you will not run into any future problems with the online service.

However, failure to update your records will result in account suspension. Please update your records on or before July 13, 2007.

Once you have updated your account records, your PayPal session will not be interrupted and will continue as normal.

To update your PayPal records click on the following link:
    67.58.156.55/webscr\cgi_bin\cmd_login/

Thank you,
    PayPal Update Team

^^PLEASE BEWARE!

2. Yea... I responded to one of those once.. luckily, my bf was 5 feet away, he saw what I was doing and told me to change my PW immediately.

Please note, Paypal will ALWAYS start an email to you with Dear "first name" "last name" ... it will never say Dear Valued member, etc etc. :smile:

3. Yup, if you get those emails, forward them to spoof@paypal.com to report them.

4. yeah i got several of those last week and posted about it. just forward them to that email someone else posted.

5. Those phishers are getting better at being evil. I had a couple with my name on them. Even then..don't click the link. eBay and Pay Pal will never have you do that.

6. I received them and I always report them.

7. I think I got today a phishing email from Paypal. After you klick on the Link, to LogIn they want your credit card number and so on. I reported it. The Mail came from this Mail Adress: psc@message.com