Beware of Tokidoki Fakes on ebay!

I know! When I emailed her I said.. "I dont want you to think that I want this bid or anything,... but your bag you are bidding on isnt authentic." Thankfully she replied thinking... I was wondering why it was so cheap, and she thanked me for letting her know.

THE best way to make sure it isnt fake: Hardware. Make sure that the web of the straps say LeSportSac, and exactly like posted above, the hardware. A dead giveaway is the zippers. They should be multicolored and have CIRCULAR pull tabs with the little flower embossed on them. Also look for the Tokidoki for Lesportsac print. Some of the really bad fakes say something like "Flower for spring" or something really off. Im glad I emailed her and didnt get in trouble. I just get really sad that she was bidding almost 50 dollars for something blatantly fake!

what I am disappointed about is that I report all the items I see that are fake to ebay, and I still see them posted. They don't even bother taking them down even though they are obvious fakes. So ridiculous. SOme of these fakes are going for $50!!!!

I didn't know you could get in trouble for emailing the bidders that the bag is fake.. . I feel like that would be our only recourse since ebay doesn't regulate the fakes anyway!!

I've been noticing the fakes for a couple weeks now. I'm just kinda glad that they aren't that many yet, like when you're searching for other types of bags, especially LV, where it's practically all you see...

There is a "tokidoki" bag on sale (actually 2) that are FAKES! be warned. They are by the same seller. Is there any recourse for this? Can I contact e-bay and let them know that this is fake? Or is it legal??

eBay: shoulder tote handbag w/purse pouch bag ~Qee TOkiDOki~ (item 290070190461 end time Jan-14-07 04:48:27 PST)
I just went through all the tokidoki on eBay right now...a LOT of it is fake. A LOT of it is super crappy looking fakes.

There's a link somewhere that lets you report fake stuff, so that's what I did. I hope that helps, because they suck.

I just went through all the tokidoki on eBay right now...a LOT of it is fake. A LOT of it is super crappy looking fakes.

There's a link somewhere that lets you report fake stuff, so that's what I did. I hope that helps, because they suck.

OMG I know!! I jsut checked ebay. just a few weeks ago it was just one or two fakes. Now its like 50% fakes!!! :cursing: so crappy!!!!!! :yucky:

yeah, they must be making $$$ money on it - - I see ppl bid up to $50 or $60 for a FAKE!!! A crappy one at that!! So why not make more?! :cursing:

The new ones even have 'qees'. :hysteric:
Yesterday I saw a fake Foresta Campeggio go for $103. Who the hell would pay $103 for a fake bag that says spring flowers??? That was so sad to see.

Yah, I've seen lot of fake Tokidoki on ebay. :yucky:
So sad but true, some were from Thailand, where is my country! :mad:
I always see fake Tokidoki IRL everywhere in every style here, in Thailand,...just say they're $5...very hilarious fake. :rant:

I know! When I emailed her I said.. "I dont want you to think that I want this bid or anything,... but your bag you are bidding on isnt authentic." Thankfully she replied thinking... I was wondering why it was so cheap, and she thanked me for letting her know.

THE best way to make sure it isnt fake: Hardware. Make sure that the web of the straps say LeSportSac, and exactly like posted above, the hardware. A dead giveaway is the zippers. They should be multicolored and have CIRCULAR pull tabs with the little flower embossed on them. Also look for the Tokidoki for Lesportsac print. Some of the really bad fakes say something like "Flower for spring" or something really off. Im glad I emailed her and didnt get in trouble. I just get really sad that she was bidding almost 50 dollars for something blatantly fake!

Great info! I looked at my bags (even though I know they're good, I got them in stores) to make sure everything matched. You never know!

Just to add to that, the only fakes I have seen on ebay have been from thailand.. so far, at least. There are some other telltale signs w/the hardware that makes it easy to ID as fake - but I am a little hesitant to post it in case they catch on?!! I guess they can always geta real one and copy anyway?!! Anyone pls feel free to PM me if you ever have any doubt.

Also they usu do not list the correct style number and print. they jsut give a generic name for the bag.

this is actually one of the better fakes:
eBay: TokiDoki for LeSportsac Bag Style 3 (item 330075059675 end time Jan-19-07 11:38:25 PST)

as is this one - it actually has the rainbow zipper teeth:
eBay: TokiDoki for LeSportsac Bag Style 5 (item 330075160427 end time Jan-19-07 16:37:16 PST)

Just to add to that, the only fakes I have seen on ebay have been from thailand.. so far, at least. There are some other telltale signs w/the hardware that makes it easy to ID as fake - but I am a little hesitant to post it in case they catch on?!! I guess they can always geta real one and copy anyway?!! Anyone pls feel free to PM me if you ever have any doubt.

Also they usu do not list the correct style number and print. they jsut give a generic name for the bag.

this is actually one of the better fakes:
eBay: TokiDoki for LeSportsac Bag Style 3 (item 330075059675 end time Jan-19-07 11:38:25 PST)

as is this one - it actually has the rainbow zipper teeth:
eBay: TokiDoki for LeSportsac Bag Style 5 (item 330075160427 end time Jan-19-07 16:37:16 PST)

Oh my goodness, these are really good fakes!! Good point about not saying what makes a fake a fake, but in the same vein, you want us buyers to be on the lookout too!

I just bought a Tokidoki bag (citta scuola) on ebay. Its from VIPfashions, they seem to be reputable and if I have any problems with the bag or its authenticity they will work with me to fix the problem. (it said 100% guaranteed authentic.) I love ebay because even if its expensive for the mainland, its a steal over here in Hawaii, but im super cautious now that there are more and more fakes on ebay!

I saw some other good fakes and where it says items location it say Los Angeles, CA but then if you read the whole listing at the very end it says its being shipped from Thailand. These bags were going for over $100 and the inferno and foresta looked real but the others said spring flowers on them if you looked at them up close. I dont understand how these people have no negative feedback and they are an ebay store selling fake bags.

I saw a really interesting fake today on ebay. qee looks real to me, but the zippers and tag gives it away. plus they advertise it as a caramella but it doesnt look like a real caramella... but they are getting smart, at least advertising real style names. Also I checked my citta rosa bag, my tokidoki lesportsac was made in china, prob by underage kids in a sweatshop, not 'carefully' made in USA!!! I don't know which is better. eBay: LeSportsac "TOKIDOKI-CARAMELLA"cosmetic bag (item 330081385849 end time Jan-31-07 20:19:03 PST)