Best way to pay through PayPal?

1. Hi everyone,
    I was wondering what the difference between funding the payment through credit card or bank account is? Do you only get buyer protection if you fund through the bank account or do you get protection either way?

Any help will be appreciated!
    Thank you!
  2. I always pay with my credit card because this way I can still dispute it after paypal's dispute resolution window expires.
  3. It is safer to use a credit card so you can go to your credit card company if anything goes wrong.
  4. Do you still get Buyer Protection through PayPal if you pay using a credit card?
  5. Yes, it should still be covered
  6. Thanks so much for your help! :yes:
  7. yes if your transaction is eligible (subject to paypal conditions) you get buyer protection no matter the payment method.
  8. Agree that a card is the best way to go, but a word to the UK members - I discovered that when making American Express my credit card linked to my Paypal account that all transactions are automatically charged in $US leaving me subject to the vagaries of exchange rates. I quickly replaced my American Express with another UK based credit card, but it was a lesson learned I could have avoided . . .
  9. I use my bank account
  10. Use your credit card. If you ever have to file a claim with Paypal, they'll take out something like $25 just for helping. If you use your bank account, you're out that amount. If you use your credit card, you can get back the entire amount. Also, Paypal has a tendency to close out disputes for stupid reasons, with no chance to reopen. For example, I opened a dispute with Paypal as item not received because I didn't get a pair of shoes after 3 weeks. After I file the dispute, the seller sends the shoes...the WRONG shoes. Paypal closes the claim because I received something, even though it's not the right item. If I had paid with my bank account, I'd be screwed. Instead, I filed a chargeback and got my entire amount back.
  11. I always pay with CC as well just to have the added protection should anything go wrong.