Best Vanilla Fragrance?

Rondafaye

O.G.
Aug 20, 2006
I love the scent of vanilla, and I hear men love it, too. Any fragrance suggestions? Perhaps not all vanilla, but with vanilla as the base/primary scent. Thanks in advance!

Comptoir Sud Pacifique and LAVANILA are known for their vanilla scents. Other perfumes that have vanilla notes are: Lolita Lempika, Gucci Rush, Aquolina Pink Sugar, Philosophy Falling in Love, Stila Creme Bouquet...

Also, gourmand scents are big right now, so there's a lot of vanilla, caramel, cookie, cake, creme brulee type of scents that have a sweet vanilla smell. A lot of men really like those!

Also, gourmand scents are big right now, so there's a lot of vanilla, caramel, cookie, cake, creme brulee type of scents that have a sweet vanilla smell. A lot of men really like those!

If you can track down the discontinued Tutti Dolci line from Bath and Body Works, I think you'd really like those scents, if that's what you're going for. I have the Creme Brulee and Chocolate Fondue body cremes and they're soooo yummy. You just want to eat them!! I think they sell them occasionally at TJ Maxx.

i think LAVANILA's vanilla grapefruit scent smells very nice

from sephora's website:

"Awaken your inner spirits with this luscious blend of sparkling grapefruit, fresh lime and warm cedarwood, softened in a base of rich Madagascar vanilla. Sweetly seductive and kissed by sunshine, this uniquely crisp scent is destined to be a cult classic.

LAVANILA carefully infuses pure essential oils with 100 percent active botanicals for natural fragrances that are fresh, clean, and nurturing. With each spray, proprietary natural technology wraps the skin with super antioxidants goji berry and kakadu plum, soothing willowherb, and hydrating olive leaf for a healthy dose of 30 essential vitamins and minerals and 19 amino acids. Imagine, a fragrance that not only smells good but also is good for you!"

it's touted as being good for you and not having all the chemicals most fragrances have in them :tup:

Chocolovers by Aquolina is a good one, although it is chocolate, it smells a little vanilla-ish to me, one of those good enough to eat scents!

Laurence Dumont also makes nice vanilla scents available at Sephora, and Comptoir Sud Pacifique.

If you can track down the discontinued Tutti Dolci line from Bath and Body Works, I think you'd really like those scents, if that's what you're going for. I have the Creme Brulee and Chocolate Fondue body cremes and they're soooo yummy. You just want to eat them!! I think they sell them occasionally at TJ Maxx.

^ OMG! Yesssssssss :yes:
They were the best! I still have the Creme Brulee Shower cream and the Sugar Wafer body souffle. I try not to use them too much, because I'm going to be so sad when they run out! :crybaby:

I get a lot of compliments on Britney Spears Curious. If you ignore the fact that it has her name on it, it's a good scent. It's a bit strong when you first spray it but it dries down to a nice woodsy note. Very sophisticated and it has good staying power.

I also like Hanae Mori Butterfly.

^ OMG! Yesssssssss :yes:
They were the best! I still have the Creme Brulee Shower cream and the Sugar Wafer body souffle. I try not to use them too much, because I'm going to be so sad when they run out! :crybaby:

I KNOW!! I have the body scrub too and it's sitting in my closet because I just can't bring myself to use it all up. That was my favorite line from them, I even bought the damn perfumes!! I smelled like a doughnut shop for months!!!

I get a lot of compliments on Britney Spears Curious. If you ignore the fact that it has her name on it, it's a good scent. It's a bit strong when you first spray it but it dries down to a nice woodsy note. Very sophisticated and it has good staying power.

I was going to say Britney Spears too. I tested a few scents a couple of weeks ago, discovered that two of them were Britney and kind of dismissed them, not only because of the name but also because they didn't smell that nice right after I'd sprayed them. Then in the car on my way home, I realized one of them smelled like vanilla and I really liked it on me. I'm not sure which Britney scent it was, but it's highly possible it's Curious, I'm gonna check it out when I get a chance to, if I really do like it I'm gonna get it even if it is Britney :P

Stila also have a vanilla scent, but honestly I don't really like it that much... I was very excited about it when it first came out and I'd only read the reviews in a magazine. I remember being all sad that it was sold out the first time I went to get it, but the next time they had it and upon smelling it I realized I didn't really like it.

I once got a vanilla lotion from the Body Shop, but I don't really like it that much either... it smells too strongly of vanilla... as does Boots Natural Colletion Vanilla body spray... don't like it at all, actually. Sometimes I mix these two with unscented lotion and that makes them somewhat wearable, but it's still smells too strongly of vanilla for my taste.

I'm gonna check out some of the suggestions in this thread, I really want a vanilla scent! :tup:

I'd recommend either Dior's Hypnotic Poison which has a very soft vanilla edge to it.

Also the classic iconic vanilla based perfume is Guerlain's Shalimar.

Personally I prefer Hypnotic Poison to Shalimar as I find Shalimar quite intensly vanilla.

^^I was also going to recommend Hypnotic Poison! Great minds think alike. Also, euphoria by calvin klein smells like it has vanilla to the base. Burberry classic smells nice too, I think that has vanilla in it also. I think you might need to shop around at the makeup counters and sniff to see what you like!