Best Shampoo/Conditioner?

1. Just like my face I have "combination" hair..... My root is oily while the botton dry (with slit ends because I use straightener each morning). Does anyone have any recommandation on which shampoo and conditioner is good for my type of hair? I usually wash my hair every other day, and by the end of the second day the roots are already visibly oily..... I don't want to wash my hair everyday because I heard that it is not good... please advise :shame:

2. erm well my hair is for the most part very dry but can, like yours, get really oily around the roots. I use and love Matrix Sleek. Look shampoo&conditioner. It's not expensive, but I love it so much!

3. i'd recommend bumble and bumble seaweed shampoo and conditioner, or perhaps another line of B&B. (i'm not familiar with their entire product line.) its gentle, and just like all bumble and bumble products it has tons of moisture, since they are wax based.

4. i'd recommend bumble and bumble seaweed shampoo and conditioner, or perhaps another line of B&B. (i'm not familiar with their entire product line.) its gentle, and just like all bumble and bumble products it has tons of moisture, since they are wax based.

5. u just saved me from making this thread!! i was thinking about matrix, thanks!!

6. i swear by aveda. i use the sap moss range if my hair is feeling dry, shampure if it's dirty, blue malva if it's looking brassy, pure abundance if it's looking flat. :shame: in the summer i use shampure shampoo, might repeat if i'm feeling ultra skanky and then condition with sap moss shampoo. that shampoo is amazing! it doesn't do it for everyone though.

7. alot of people i know use matrix sleek (orange bottle) but im a simple girl, fructis sleek and shine works wonders...

8. I like Aveda and also Hempz -- although I have pretty dry hair.

9. Thx alot ladies!!

10. All of Kadus' shampoos and conditioners are great and the selling point is that they are totally organic. You can find them at professional salons.

11. Purology shampoos and conditioners. My stylist uses it to wash my hair before cutting it. I just started using it myself at home and I am very very pleased by it. It makes my hair feel very clean and easy to blow dry. Prior to that, my hair would be puffy and dry looking after blowdrying even with a round brush. With the purology, I don't even use a brush... just my hands and my hair is really smooth.

My hair is just like yours... more oily at the roots. I usually wash every other day but like you, on the second day, my hair is already looking kind of flat and greasy so I end up washing it everyday. So far this shampoo is working really well for me.. I can go back to washing every other day. Sorry for the major endorsement. I'm not affiiliated with Purology but this is one of those products that actually work for me.

12. i like kerastase, it makes the hair so soft and shiny.

13. Love Aveda Sap Moss! :heart: My hair tends to be dry at the ends, too.

I find that using harsh shampoos can actually aggravate the problem of oily roots, as they strip the scalp and can cause it to overproduce sebum.

Have you thought of getting highlights? Because they make your hair slightly dryer all over, you can then just use the appropriate shampoo and conditioner for dryness! :biggrin:

14. i use pureology as well! i use the volume shampoo (because my hair is curly but also not particularly thick) and the straightening conditioner (to fight frizz) and it works wonderfully. since my hair is curly, it's quite dry and can get coarse, but also becomes oily and nasty at the roots since i don't wash it every day and it's soooo humid here, and since i started using pureology a few months ago, i notice that it becomes oily a lot more slowly but is also incredibly soft.

i kid you not, after using the shampoo and rinsing it out, my hair was so smooth and soft that i thought i might not even need conditioner. i used it anyway, though, and i WILL NOT use anything else! it's expensive, but totally worth the price. i got my mom to use it, too, and her hair is totally different than mine and she also really likes it and noticed the same delayed-oiliness effect that i did.

it's all-natural and vegan, meaning it contains no animal products or biproducts. the smell is nice, kind of different from most shampoos, and not at all overpowering or perfume-y.