1. Chanel

2. Louis Vuitton

3. Gucci

4. Chloe

5. Dior

6. other

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. I am wondering about best resale value on handbags - excluding Hermes which I guess would be considered the Rolls Royce of handbags - which designers attract the best prices on gently used items - Does a Chanel hold value better than LV? etc. What are your thoughts?

2. I would say Chanel - once again the amount of LV fakes counts against the brand, spoils the exclusivity I guess. You see a lot less Chanels carried here in London than LV ( real ones ) and therefore they are that much rarer and more exclusive.

3. I agree with katy 1368. Think too many LV fakes that are REAL good

4. Definitely LV. Even in only average condition, it can bring at least 50% of original price- and almost full price if it's in great condition. Chanel would probably come second, but just forget about Dior and Fendi- they have terrible resale in a flooded market with tons of fakes.

5. Burberry also has horrible resale value, I'm learning that right now as I'm trying to sell mine >_<

6. Balenciaga?

7. Definetely LV in Germany. For chanel you just get 40% of the price back for LV it's about 70-80%. I sold used bags with just a loss of 20% with LV. Used Chanels aren't in high demand here.

8. I think Balenciaga bags hold their value really well. They are regularly selling for over retail if in good condition.

9. I say Balenciaga---they either go close to retail in excellent condition or some even go waaaay over retail.

10. wow, where r the diors then.. i wanna buy... lol lol..... i can't really be spending a grand on a dior right now.. but more than happy to spend 400.. lol

11. Balenciaga or Louis Vuitton.. some LV lines do really poorly but from what I know about b-bags (very little), they regularly sell back for fairly substantial amounts, sometimes even more if they are rare.

And of course there's ye old Pink Elephant that hasn't been mentioned - Hermes. Hermes is incredible in terms of resale value, especially the Birkin/Kellys.

12. Would'nt the style of the particular bag matter more than the brand?

13. GOOD RESALES
    BALENCIAGA Medium City Bags - Black, Magenta, Apple, Special Leathres, Mettalics
    GOYARD Croisiere in 35mm

14. GOOD RESALES
    BALENCIAGA Medium City Bags - Black, Magenta, Apple, Special Leathres, Mettalics

GOYARD Croisiere in 35mm - in

15. GOOD RESALES

GOYARD Croisiere in 35mm - in Black,