best place to retire...

belen

O.G.
Jan 15, 2006
I realize not many of you here are ready to retire yet. When the time comes though, where do you think you'll end up spending the rest of your life and why.

This is tough, it depends on where my children will be.
If we could choose anywhere, it'd be 2 spots.
Winters in Scottsdale and Summers in the Pacific Northwest.

Or Maui! :biggrin:

Maui is enticing...

My husband is retiring soon and wants to move close to the ocean. We're thinking FL or the NC coast. I do prefer to live in FL maybe in Fort Lauderdale or Boca Raton. Oh well, a year more to go.....

The Florida Keys :love: It will be me and the bf in a house on the channel with a dock, boat, dog, and a couple of cats :nuts: The house will face the Gulfside, of course, so we can watch the sunset every evening :love:

SwankyMamaof3 said:
This is tough, it depends on where my children will be.
If we could choose anywhere, it'd be 2 spots.
Winters in Scottsdale and Summers in the Pacific Northwest.

Or Maui! :biggrin:

I live near Scottsdale and shop there mostly. Great place but I think I take it for granted!!

My spot was most definitely have to be La Jolla, Laguna Beach and then definitely have a second home/condo in a ski town, Aspen or Park City, UT ( We have to get our snowboarding fix)!!!

Right where I am now ..... New York. My husband had a job in San Diego for two years and I tried to live out there. I never knew I could miss NY so much! I didn't last there long. I kept flying back and forth. I LOVE to visit other places. We travel quite a bit, but there truly is no place like home .... NYC!!!! I'll never leave.

Not sure where I really want to end up since I've only lived in Hawaii and CA, but I think either place would be cool to retire in. I want to spend a lot of that time traveling anyway :biggrin: