Best make up for not so great skin?!

Hello everyone,
What is the best foundation for acne prone skin? I used to have a lot of breakout. I still have a lot of dark spot and redness around my nose and chin. I'm using makeup for ever hd matte, but it didn't give me a fresh look. I want to try somethinh different, but don't know what is best. Any suggestion would be appreciated a lot.

How about a BB cream... IT cosmetics which you can buy on QVC has a great return policy &their
products are formulated specially for many skin conditions

If you don't feel comfortable buying on QVC, check out Sephora or ULTA where
you can try it & also get samples

I heard good things about makeup for ever mat velvet foundation. It gives a matte finish but its not super matte if that makes sense. I can't say whether or not it causes breakouts bc I just bought it myself yesterday, but I liked how it made my skin look. Btw I also have acne prone and oily skin. Return policy at sephora is pretty good, so if you try it and aren't feeling it you can always return it

Hello everyone,
What is the best foundation for acne prone skin? I used to have a lot of breakout. I still have a lot of dark spot and redness around my nose and chin. I'm using makeup for ever hd matte, but it didn't give me a fresh look. I want to try somethinh different, but don't know what is best. Any suggestion would be appreciated a lot.

Are you after full coverage? Medium to full? What about oil control and active acne fighting foundations? I'd probably recommend checking out Clinique and Cover FX as they take care to avoid irritants and allergens. I think Clinique still sells their Anti-Blemish Foundation too (I've never tried it though). For full coverage, you can't beat Estée Lauder Double Wear and it's pretty good at oil control too. For medium to full, L'Oreal True Match and MAC Pro Longwear Waterproof Nourishing Foundation.

I don't have much in the way of acne anymore but I do have some decent scarring and Nars Sheer Glow is my favourite (it's a solid medium coverage and sort of a satin finish). I think I might have blabbed on too long, sorry. :P Hope that helps!

If you want full coverage I would try either Revlon Colorstay Whipped or NYX Invincible (drugstore options) or Tarte Amazonian Clay or Kat Von D Lock It.

You might also look into theatrical brands such as Ben Nye or Graftobian that offer pancake makeup, especially if you like a matte finish. It sounds heavy, but can be very easily sheered out or built up as needed & is quite wearable. I used to use Max Factor pancake quite often during the summer because it stayed matte in our heat & humidity.

I'm wearing Lancôme Tient Idole Ultra 24H foundation now and I love it. I have sensitive skin and it doesn't break me out! Apply with a beauty blender.

Also try a gentle exfoliator (I use Clinique's 7 day scrub), that helps a lot .. Along with a dark spot corrector. Good luck!

Clinique's Advanced Concealer offers super duper coverage without ever getting cakey. The tiniest dab will do and a tube last a looong time. Covers redness, just popped zits, even dark circles under eyes (but don't use powder over it under eyes). It's not sold in Asia so i always stock up and must have a few extra standby tubes. Only 2 shades - matte light and matte medium. Seems to work on all skin tones and you can mix it to get an exact shade.

I suggest trying to fix the skin issues first, as there is much to help with scars and hyper-pigmentation, and makeup can only do so much. Take it from a woman in her 20s who had cystic acne for about 12 years of her life, and sees the past everyday on her face. Try some chemical peels and treatments and serums for the scars and discoloration. My go-to makeup is L'Oreal True Match, a liquid, which is very thin but has high coverage. I find high end doesn't do it for me these days in the foundation department lol, but if you want high end, Estee Lauder's Double Wear is incredible for evening out skin and still looking skin-like. Find a neutralizing primer, one which can get rid of some redness. I suggest Smashbox's green primer, as it smooths out imperfections as well. My most important rec is to address the skin issues first, though! Once you love your skin, all makeup looks great!

P.S. If you don't already have one, buy a beauty blender! It really does wonders for foundation application, and covers better.

Hello everyone,

Look for a foundation that's meant to look more skin like, with high coverage. Estee Lauder Double Wear is good for covering color problems and correcting acne, and lasts all day. If you want drugstore, Covergirl 3-in-1 is a fantastic foundation with great coverage and is good for oily acne prone skin.

Hello everyone,

If you can find a good color match, Armani Lasting Silk foundation (not Luminous Silk) is pretty good coverage with really amazing texture. The relatively limited color selection makes it a step down from my HG which is YSL Touche Eclat foundation - but on the plus its way less 'dewey' than the YSL which can quickly turn into oily. Never broken out with either of these. I've never found a CC or BB cream I liked, too thick in my experience. Same with Estee Lauder. I prefer medium-light coverage mostly for just evening out overall skin tone rather than covering up all imperfections.

Also second the dermatologist suggestion - I have oily combo skin that's prone to clogged pores, in the past, every month I'd get at least some whiteheads around t zone and hormonal acne on chin. After seeing a derm and getting a topical lotion, I've had at most 2 or 3 breakouts this entire past year and they were easily taken care of without scarring in a day or two. Of course what lotions/pills works for one person doesn't necessarily work for another, so it can be a process, but def worth it imho!

Look for a foundation that's meant to look more skin like, with high coverage. Estee Lauder Double Wear is good for covering color problems and correcting acne, and lasts all day. If you want drugstore, Covergirl 3-in-1 is a fantastic foundation with great coverage and is good for oily acne prone skin.

i have acne problem too. i will try your suggestion. Thanks!