Best Kept Shopping Secret in Vancouver - Maybe in Canada

jennypenny4

Feb 5, 2007
I had to post this because I recently found a gem of a store in West Vancouver called the Glass House. It is an absolute treasure trove of goodies for the serious shopper. I couldn't believe that there is a place like this in Vancouver - or even in Canada for that matter. They carry everything from designer bags, shoes, belts, accessories, dresses, jeans - the hottest tee shirts even some real couture items. It is like a candy store for fashion. You can dress and accessorize from head to toe - and they also cater to guys too. They carry bags from Gucci, Prada, Marc Jacobs, YSL, and even Balenciaga (and they take orders too) there is lots more, awesome clothing from Bluemarine like you have never seen before. D & G coats - Prada and Gucci coats, shoes, boots for women and men, so many things that you won't even find anywhere else! I just bought a gorgeous Roberto Cavalli Grande bag that is to die for - it is emerald green velvet with gold painted in a brocade type pattern with printed alligator leather trim and a pair of Gucci black suede tall boots. Supposedly it is "private VIP" shopping, but if you say that you heard about it through your friend (that is what I did) then they won't refuse you. The prices competative and even better than many of the major stores and online shopping sites (that are in the US by the way). The address is 1425 Clyde Ave, West Vancouver - I am not completely sure of their hours, but I think it is something like 10 or 10:30 - 5pm and I am not sure if they are open on Sundays or not and I am not sure if they ship to other parts of Canada. Happy shopping!

very interesting indeed! I live in Toronto now but grew up in Van and go back a couple of times a year... must let my friends know about this place! Thanks for posting, sounds amazing!!!

I just got back from there and - darn - they had Chanel purses last week but I missed it - they sold too fast, but later this week or early next week they tell me they will have new Prada purses and the Marc Jacobs Jet bag - I will be haunting the place....

I soooo wish that I had known about this place when I lived in Vancouver. I used to search for places like this (besides holt renfrew and leony) that carry high end purses and shoes.

You posted this before jennypenny in the Prada forum w/ pix of purses. the number you gave was wrong and when I finally got the right number, NOBODY ever answered, no matter what time I called.

I went yesterday after hearing much about it and left with a pair of gucci flats,GORGEOUS ysl bubble gum pink tributes :love eyes: ,and a blumarine dress. They have a website up now and are offering 20% off of everything (including the gucci shoes hehe) with the promo code rhovsoldier. Honestly though, if you live nearby its definitely a little gem worth visiting.