Best Kept Beauty Secrets

Sophie-Rose, what brand of calendula face cream do you use? I use Boiron brand as a spot treatment/as-needed product. I started to get dry areas and red bumps on my forehead (they were painless and not itchy). Friends told me to see a derm. I decided to try calendula cream first and it has helped that area look significantly better. Not going to derm at this point.

Sophie-Rose, what brand of calendula face cream do you use? I use Boiron brand as a spot treatment/as-needed product. I started to get dry areas and red bumps on my forehead (they were painless and not itchy). Friends told me to see a derm. I decided to try calendula cream first and it has helped that area look significantly better. Not going to derm at this point.

I use the cheapest version: Kruidvat (Dutch store) it's there own line.
a pot cost €2 and the rose water was €1,50!!! :smile:
this stuff is amazing!

I am a salon owner, so I may be a little bias!

The best kept secret in beauty is the effectiveness and safety of organic hair products! We have been subjected to poisonous, toxic, and under quality hair care products for so long, until now! Safe, effective, healthy, conditioning, sustainable...I really CAN NOT UNDERSTAND how ANYBODY is still using TOXIC PRODUCT ON THEIR HEADS!

Ask your salon for an organic hair color or keratin treatment and you will NEVER go back. The color company I use on all of my clients is Organic Color Systems, and it actually CONDITIONS WHILE IT COLORS. IT IS INCREDIBLEEEE!!!!!

I've been using Apple Cider vinegar on my face as a toner at night. It smells horrid, but I've really seen a difference in the appearance of my face! Wayyyy less zits!

I just had this recommended on a baby board to help with face flare ups that you get during pregnancy! I'm planning on picking up some of this the next time I'm at the grocery store. From what I've found online, if you mix it with water & use it as a toner as QueenofDa702 suggested, it will clear up your face within a few short days!

A/D Ointment--yes, the stuff for diaper rash---makes a wonderful balm. It's part lanolin/part vaseline. Very cheap, especially of you buy the generic brand. A 4 oz. tube is under US$5. I use it on lips, cuticles, dry spots on face, etc.

I have a big tub of organic cold pressed coconut oil which I use for almost everything - dry elbows, knees, on top of my moisturizer before I go to bed as an overnight mask (on the dry areas only), on the ends of my hair to make it extra shiny, and anywhere else needing a bit more moisture. It's a really great multi purpose product!

from yahoo shine: http://shine.yahoo.com/channel/beau...rk-2582799/;_ylt=Avgn_.63RmjMkAs.xbRK5_NobqU5

1. Spray starch for hair styling. As in the stuff you use to keep shirt collars nice and stiff. Ever wondered how stylists kept those flippy '50s ponytails so perfect? It was a light spritzing of laundry starch on ends before curling. It still works wonders if you need something more powerful than hair spray.

2. Tea bags to repair damaged nails. — If you break a nail while you're out and need some manicure triage, just cut out a bit of the filter from a tea bag and use any adhesive you have to glue it under your nail.

3. Almonds as eyeliner. If you've always loved the idea of wearing natural makeup, this is a fun one to try. Light an almond on fire, let it burn, and then gather the soot to use as powder eyeliner. The almond oil makes the ashes "sticky" so it stays on your lash line, and the color you'll get is a really pretty, intense black.

4. Baking soda to fix self-tanner streaks. If your self-tanner came out uneven, don't panic. Instead, grab that box of baking soda from your fridge, and give yourself a good exfoliation. You'll be surprised by how much more gentle and effective it is than using a scrub.

5. Freeze (or burn) your eyeliner. Got eyeliner that always crumbles or falls off the pencil when you apply it? Just pop it in your freezer for half an hour to harden it up for better application. If, on the other hand, your eyeliner formula is too hard, just hold it over a lighter for a second. It'll soften it up so that you can apply it more easily, and, when it cools down, it'll stay just as well.

ive heard of freezing/burning eyeliner, and the almonds thing sounds cool, albeit a little complicated.

I have a big tub of organic cold pressed coconut oil which I use for almost everything - dry elbows, knees, on top of my moisturizer before I go to bed as an overnight mask (on the dry areas only), on the ends of my hair to make it extra shiny, and anywhere else needing a bit more moisture. It's a really great multi purpose product!

That is my fav secret as well I use coconut oil on my face daily and it had pretty much healed my rosacea. it's anti viral, anti fuingal and anti bacterial. it also works wonders on zits and cold sore. I highly recommend.

Anyone who wants to try this miracle substance - make sure it's organic and 'virgin'. The refined stuff does not have the same properties.

I just tried the aspirin/honey mask last night. I used baking soda instead, since I did not have any epsom salts on hand. I cannot believe how clean and smooth my skin feels. My make up went on so much smoother today. I also tried the baking soda for the teeth. It worked great, however I did use toothpaste afterwards to get the taste of the baking soda out of my mouth. Thanks for the great tips:smile:

when i've overplucked my eyebrows, or I just want a thicker eyebrow, I put castor oil on my eyebrows at night and wash it off in the morning. It makes eyebrows grow so fast!!!

I only shampoo my hair twice a week and just condition the other days- my hair is much less frizzy and more shiny and thick.

I use vaseline on my lips when I don't have blistex

Also, I use Mario Badescu products for EVERYTHING. I use its cleanser, toner, anti-acne serum, seaweed night cream and lots of masks and more. My skin is really smooth and dewy looking, and I get complements on it all the time!

vaseline every night on my lips
baby oil in a bath if my skin gets dry from weather/traveling
evian face spray in travel size for airplane flights
baby powder on my roots at night (soaks up grease all night and you wake up with full fluffy hair)
shampoo every 5 days!
physicians formula mineral glow all over my face (after powder) for a dewy and flawless finish!

Sunscreen every day, starting as soon as possible. I'm Asian American and this tip from my mother and aunties have kept my skin looking clear of agespots and even. Healthy, comfortable skin is part genetics and part effort. Make the effort and it will pay off years to come.