Best Falafel And Garlic Sauce!... Middle Eastern food as I promised with PICS!

1. This is the BEST:tup: Falafel got it somewhere secret ..ok ok "Allrecipes" :roflmfao:I modified it to perfection! it tastes better than most restaurants...

A-MAAAZING...try it and definetly this will be a #1 in your household..VERY easy! VERY fast and VERY delicious! I will post the falafel recipe...garlic sauce recipe and then the fattoush recipe! They alll go together! Have to make this Fattoush to go ont he pita EXCELLENT!
    Pics before cooking and while cooking is at the bottom!
    Falafel sadwich with Garlic Sauce- they are broken up on purpose. The salad on the pita bread is Fattoush!

Falafel Sandwich before broken up (OK the falafels were a little over-cooked! :smile:
    Falafels! (littel too browned but tasted GREAT!!!!!!!)
    1 (15 or 19 ounce)can chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained
    1 med/large onion chopped
    1/4 cup fresh (has to be fresh not dried) coriander/cilantro (same thing)(chopped)
    1/4 cup FRESH (has to be fresh not dried) parsley (chopped)
    2 cloves garlic, chopped

1 egg
    2 teaspoons ground cumin
    1 teaspoon ground coriander
    1 teaspoon salt
    1 dash pepper
    1 pinch cayenne pepper
    1 teaspoon lemon juice
    1 teaspoon baking powder
    1 tablespoon olive oil
    1 cup dry bread crumbs (have to be fine store bought ones)
    canola/corn/vegetable oil for deep frying

In a large bowl MASH chickpeas until thick and pasty with fork or potatoe masher.. don't use a blender, as the consistency will be too thin you want it pasty...set aside for while you.

PUT: In a blender, process onion, fresh chopped parsley, fresh chopped corianer/cilantro and garlic until smooth. REMOVE from blender and pour in to the mashed chickpeas and mix well...starting to look and smell yuuummmy!. SET ASIDE!
    IN A SMALL BOWL:combine egg, ground cumin, ground coriander, salt, pepper, cayenne, lemon juice and baking powder and olive oil. (YES it is correct if it is are doing it right!)

THEN STIR THIS INTO chickpea mixture . Slowly add bread crumbs a little at a time until mixture is not sticky but will hold together in patty-like balls ; add more or less bread crumbs, as needed. (I usually use the whole amount here) Form into balls and then flatten slightly into patties.)
    Heat 1 inch of oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat or safer to use deep fryer (whatever you have on-hand) . Deep-Fry patties in hot oil (make sure it is hot!) until brown on both sides. DO NOT OVERCOOK. Just brown they cook VERY fast so keep an eye!

I FIND this is enough for 2 adults and maybe a litte to spare but doubling the recipe makes enough for 5ish. IT is amazing...
    SERVE ON PITA BREAD as a sandwich and garnish with fattoush (recipe coming up in next post and the special garlic sauce)
    INGREDIENTS FOR AMAZING GARLIC SAUCE!:Goes by eye and taste...[/u]
    5 Cloves of garlic...minced
    Canola/corn/vegetable oil (NOT OLIVE)
    1 Tbsp. lemon juice (NOT a lot)
    2 or However you like it heaping teaspoons of HELMANS real mayonnaise (or a real mayonnaise) not Miracle Whip make sure it is real mayo and man it is AMAZING worth running to the store for the MAYO.
    Place garlic, 1Tbsp. Lemon juice, pinch of salt, Mayo in the BLENDER! ...THEN as it is blending slowley add the oil until it is creamy!!! IF you like more garlic Add it but for this amount 5 is NOT too much so ADD THEM...more if you like too but try it first. THEN if you find you need more oil...add it..same with the will nkow by will be a nice creamy sauce and it smells, tastes, and lokks delicious and like a restaurant sauce!!

THEN it is finished let sit for a little bit...good served room temp...but needs to be chilled in the fridge for leftovers...Shake before using...I am telling you I cannot express how GOOOD this is!!! ON FALAFEL, ON RICE, OR DIP CHICKEN, or anything in it!!! WOW!!!

Let me know how it turned out everyone. Who ever makes it..
  2. OMG that looks soooooooo good!!!!! :girlsigh:
  3. Oh, droooooolllllll! That looks so good.
  4. omg this looks AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  5. I *love* falafels! I had the best ones in Egypt years and years ago and I still think about how delicious they were!!! Thanks for sharing this recipe!
  6. Thanks!
    As far as I remember my mom's falafel recipe has soaked ground chickpeas in it, they're not cooked.
  7. MMMM!!! That looks good! Gotta try it sometime now!
  8. You just made me hungry! looks gooood!
  9. Looks very tasty!
  10. Thanks for the recipe, this looks delicious! I have been needing a sauce for my falafel sandwiches, I'm going to try this out soon!
  11. Try this too:

Mix tahini in a bowl with a wisk, add water slowly and cream it, it will get all funny and solid for a bit but just keep creaming it and adding as much water until it's the consistancy of a creamy salad dressing, add some lemon juice (if you've got none use the vinegar from a pickle jar,if it's garlic and dill that'll give you a nice flavour) a pinch of salt, black pepper and anything else you like .. you can even add some yogurt in there and cream it. Makes a lovely sauce, even a salad dressing.
    If you have some pomegranate syrup (it's not sweet, it's rather sour) use a drop of that as well.

And if you're using it for salad chop up lettuce,tomato, cucumber, peppers, onion, and toast yor pita breads then break them into pieces in the bowl with the salad and drizzle with this lovely tahini dressing.
  12. That looks really good. Thanks for posting the recipe!
  13. That looks the tastiest meal! I just loooove garlic.
  14. Thanks you if its one thing I love its a good falafel sandwich. Thanks for the recipe.
  15. That looks delicious!!