Best exercise for toning hips and thighs?

1. I have been working out for 10-12 weeks now, but have yet to see enough improvement in this area. I am running, doing leg lifts, and some weights. Does anyone have any suggestions for exercises that blast this problem area of mine?

2. I noticed a difference in my hips and thighs when i started walking on the treadmill. I put the incline as high as it could go and made the pace fast enough so I was walking quickly but not running.

3. I agree with this. I like a 12 incline with a speed of 3.5

4. Also, walking lunges are miraculous!

5. How many do you do?

6. I agree... and hurt like a mo fo! ;)

7. Pilates and Lotte Burke are fantastic to tone and sculpt hips and thighs. Both involve a serious of exercised doing variations of plies and lunges (like ballet). Pilates is just less impact on your joints (which I prefer) while Lotte Burke uses a ballet bar to kick your butt into shape.

8. nooooooo not walking lunges :cry:.......the first time i did these i coudln't get down the stairs the next morning :push:....they are great tho....

9. LOL!:lol::lol::lol:

10. Definitely Pilates and spin classes are good, too.

11. I find that taking the stairs really helps. I'm usually too lazy to go to the gym. However, i like taking the stairs in between my 8 hours at work. It's a 4 story building, so i usually do 4 or 5 sets of stairs from 1st level to 4th level.

12. Tae-Bo has been more effective for me. You must find whatever works for you of course, but you'll definetly need some cardio for long term results.

13. lunges, squats, pilates, and those isometric "sitting on an imaginary chair with ur back against the wall" help me!

14. I am hoping to tone my thighs and hips too! I'm going to start jump roping (in place jogging, high steps, fast pace) for half an hour a day and see what happens! I don't have a treadmill, nor the patience to go the gym.... :x

15. PILATES PILATES PILATES!

There's a lot of leg lifts, leg circles both large and small, so many different exercises. Nothing works as well as this for me. And if you are diligent about it, you will see results in a matter of weeks.

Lunges are great for the quads and hamstrings, but having weak knees, not to mention torn ligaments in one, it makes them very very difficult to do. Pilates definitely has helped me in so many ways, like for the inner thighs, hamstrings... I am so happy to have found it.

Thanks to this forum, I'm thinking about trying Bikram Yoga next! Love you, girls! You're the best!!!