The Kitchen

Best Espresso Maker

aa12 Posted By aa12 Posted Feb 29, 2012

1. Anyone have any suggestions?

2. I love my Nespresso Le Cube. It makes amazing espresso, and combined with the Keurig milk foamer I got for Christmas, it makes incredible lattes and cappuccinos.

The new Nespresso flavored Variations capsules in chocolate and vanilla are TDF!

3. I was looking for something that wasn't only capsules as I sometimes I prefer to use beans that I can choose etc.. Does anyone have any other recommendations? What does everyone else use? I do like the nespresso, but the option to only use their pods is holding me back a little?

4. My SO is a coffee addict, so I bought him a Gaggia espresso machine (I can't remember which one... Gaggia Pure I think?). I have researched it a ton before deciding to purchase it, and the Gaggia brand seems to come up top a lot of the times (as well as Senseo).

5. Any other input from espresso maker owners?
    I'm looking for one for my husband's birthday. I don't want to spend more than $700.

DeLonghi seems to have good reviews. I don't know much about espresso machines- pretty much we want something where we can use fresh beans and also steam milk.

Thank you in advance :smile:

6. Nobody?! :sad: I don't understand why there are espresso machines for $50 and ones for $500, or what the difference in taste is with automatic/manual. Any preferences or education is super greatly appreciated!!!!!! :smile:

7. Hi!

I hope I can help. First I must say that the espressomaschine is one of our best investments. We use it everyday. We own a la speziale dubbel boiler and are very pleased with our choice. If we would choose a singel boiler, rancilio silvia is the one that got best rewievs. It's also in your price range. Dont forget the mill!

http://www.kaffegrossisten.se/espressomaskiner/rancilio/rancilio-silvia-version-3

Good luck!

Btw, nespresso is an alternative coffe. You can never compare it to new grinded coffe.

8. Joli,

Thank you for the information! I will check it out now :smile:

9. You're welcome :smile:

10. Thanks for the suggestions! I was also looking into getting an espresso maker and making my own drinks in the morning instead of going to Starbucks or the local coffee shop here.

11. Update: I got too overwhelmed by the newfound world of espresso machines and bought DH a bike instead. We might cross paths with an espresso machine for the next birthday, lol.