best day/time for an auction to end?

1. I read somewhere, once upon a time, that the best time to end an auction is Sunday afternoon - I suppose because people are most likely to be home to bid. But lots of sellers tend to end theirs late at night, or on other days. Is there truly a best time, or is it all a crapshoot?
  2. In a thread about a month ago I saw a link to this calendar calendar I've tried ending mine on Sundays and I usually have better luck, but I think it depends on the item too.
  3. Cool link - thank you hurleychic12!
  4. I try to end my auctions on Sunday, around 4 or 5 pm EST. I figure that buyers in England or Europe can still be awake, and West Coast bidders can also be around.

Many times I impulsively bid on auctions that are closing soon. If an auction is closing in the middle of the night, I have to consciously decide to set the snipe program and leave my computer on - usually more trouble than the item's worth. So I figured other buyers probably think like that, too.
  5. When I sold stuff online (not eBay, though) I used to end all my auctions between 6 and 7 pm. For some reason, I found that was when I made most of my sales.
  6. I also end on Sundays but at 7 CST and have had decent success:smile:
  7. Sunday evenings for me too. 7-8pm Pacific time works for me.
  8. I have heard Sunday evening. Most of mine end between Friday-Sunday.