best cupcakes ever! better than cake mix!

1. now i see what all the fuss about magnolia cupcakes is!
    i found a recipe for them and they are the most tender, yummiest cupcakes ever! i didn't ice them because i figure they're fattening enough for me & they're perfect w/o icing.

1 1/2 cups self-rising flour

1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour

1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened

2 cups sugar

4 large eggs, at room temperature

1 cup milk

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Vanilla Buttercream (recipe follows) or Chocolate Buttercream

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Line two 12-cup muffin tins with cupcake papers.

In a small bowl, combine the flours. Set aside.

In a large bowl, on the medium speed of an electric mixer, cream the butter until smooth. Add the sugar gradually and beat until fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add the dry ingredients in three parts, alternating with the milk and vanilla. With each addition, beat until the ingredients are incorporated but do not overbeat. Using a rubber spatula, scrape down the batter in the bowl to make sure the ingredients are well blended. Carefully spoon the batter into the cupcake liners, filling them about three-quarters full. Bake for 20–25 minutes, or until a cake tester inserted in the center of the cupcake comes out clean.

Cool the cupcakes in the tins for 15 minutes. Remove from the tins and cool completely on a wire rack before icing. At the bakery we ice the cupcakes with either Vanilla Buttercream or Chocolate Buttercream.
  2. Great!! Thanks for the recipe. If only I could figure out how to turn the oven on.. LOL! I've been meaning to try baking things but I can never work that darn oven.
  3. Thanks for posting!!! I will definitely have to try this recipe.
  4. Thanks for posting the recipe. Those cupcakes look yuuummy!!
  5. thanks for the recipe! I am going to try this
  6. um, why are they called magnolia cupcakes?
  7. They look yummy...I love cupcakes.
  8. The recipe is from Magnolia Bakery in NYC, which makes the most amazing cupcakes! :tup:
  9. OMG these look incredible!
  10. i have to try this! thanks for posting :smile:
  11. I'll have to try these! They seem easy and use standard ingredients, so that's always a bonus!
  12. yum! i can't wait to try it!
  13. thx!! I always wonder how can they post their recipes??I mean what if a bakery just started making their cupcakes & selling them??
  14. mmm Magnolia from the SNL skit, I've been dreaming of cupcakes!
  15. Thanks for the Post. Its an awesome and useful stuff. Nice Recipe. I Love eating different varieties of cup cakes. I use to hang out to bakeries and Restaurants usually. I have not yet tried doing cakes at home. Any way one of my favorite place is the Kosher Bakery in New York