Food Best country for food

You are all right! This is not a thread I should even have opened.

I am supposed to be on a diet. If I had to choose, I guess it would be the entire South Asian Subcontinent, where everybody says THEY invented korma, and make it best, and pasand and ooo Vindaluuuu, with some little tendrils sort of skipping over to the culinary crossroads of Thailand and then ohhh, China! and another little tendril floating lazily across the sea to the Middle East for just one kebab, no really, just a couple. And some filafel and all those designer rice things in Iran, nd up and up and up to the Mediterrenean, ALL the way up, to yum-alicious France for just a smoosh of coq au vin! And then a longish tendril dogpaddling madly across a big ocean to the Americas - another subcontinent full of good things to eat! MmmmmmMole! And then up to the Southern US, for some Euro-Afrofusion food, corn bread and black eyed peas with lots of onions and hot chiles - and ROOTS! cries the tendril, and dives back into the ocean for Africa and ground nut stew! And Italy! Which I know isn't technically very represented in the EuroAfrofuse but it's just soooo good, and we missed it on the first pass to the Mediterrenean because a tendril can only hold so much spinakopita and that caviar and sour cream stuff and suvlakis, and all the tendrils have become round as butter, round as CHEESE, so up some more to the British Isles, the tendrils are sort of waddling now, and why in the world did you start this thread when my refrigerator does not contain the world at the moment, and nobody that will deliver even bits of that world will be open for hours!

I haven't been to some countries you've mentioned, but I have been to several European countries and China. My favorite food was everywhere in Italy. I was impressed with their modest portions and fresh ingredients--in the US we think Italian food comes in large portions--Italians don't eat that way at all! I can't even recall seeing any overweight Italians.

France, Belgium and Italy. The worst on the list is probably Germany (too much salt and too much food!) and rural UK. UK has really good food from all over the world, but the english food is horrible.

TAIWAN! I missed the food over there so much, and I've been in US for over 12 years! The portions are appetizer size, 24/7, every corner you turn is different style of food/bubble tea bar, even the 7-11 serves great food!

I would have to say San Francisco (I know, not a country) because I can walk down the street, or hop on muni and experience any or all of the following:

Japanese
Chinese
Thai
Burmese
Mexican
Salvadorean
Peruvian
Spanish
French
Mediterranean
Greek
Italian
Errietrean & Ethiopean
I could go on...

Seriously, this city is a Gourmand's paradise!

Russia! I love blinis with read caviar, and in the big cities they have all kinds of resturants from all over the world, and I know a lot of people who have travelled all over the world that was very impressed with the selection there.
My favorite sushi, greek, georgian and indian resturants are in St. Petersburg and I miss the food soooo much. Can't wait to go back.