Believe in ghosts? Come share your brushes with paranormal phenomena!

We went to Gettysburg for a week last year, and had a tour of the battlefield, we listened to all the ghost stories, heard of all the ghost sightings and horrors that happened there. It was soooo creepy !!!!

Thanks everybody for responding and sharing your thoughts! It was interesting reading through the different range of thoughts regarding this subject.

I used to be somewhat of a sceptic. I was not a "100% sceptic" - I was just somewhat of a sceptic.
But that changed when I personally experienced an encounter (that occurred 10 years ago).

After that, I was never a sceptic again.

If anyone else has thoughts or stories to share, please feel free to do so.
It's a very interesting topic!

We seemed to have grown up in a haunted house. Now I wonder if all the experiences my family had were the result of the constant screaming and anger that went on almost every day. I've heard we make up the energy, good or bad that makes a home seem haunted.
On the other hand, my dad, an old air force man,...a person that sees only black and white with no grey areas will swear the
ghost" would grab him at times

I’ll tell this story at the risk of sounding weird but…When I was 11 my Dad and Step-Mom rented a Victorian house the house was just huge with 12’ ceilings and hardwood floors, french doors and a big wrap around porch. From the very first night my little sister (7 at the time) started talking about the lady in our bedroom. This went on for about 1/2 year almost every morning she would say something about the lady that came into our bedroom at night and would cover us! Then one night we (me and my sis) were alone in the family room watching TV when I noticed a movement out of the corner of my eye and turned my head to look and there was a lady standing in the doorway of the family room, I could see right through her into the dinning room she looked like she was made of smoke but at the same time I could make out a complete face, her hair was piled on top of the head and the dress or whatever she was wearing had a tight high collar, she was normal looking from the head to about where her knees would be then she sort of tapered off to smokiness. (I can still see her in my mind) I could tell that her gaze was directed at my sister, then she turned and looked at me at first she looked startled then her face relaxed and she smiled at me and I have to tell you her smile gave me the warm fuzzies! I smiled back and then turned my attention back to the TV. Then realized what I had just seen when I looked back she was gone! This all took place very quickly less than a min. I never saw her again and we moved later that summer.

ilovechloe said:
I’ll tell this story at the risk of sounding weird but…When I was 11 my Dad and Step-Mom rented a Victorian house the house was just huge with 12’ ceilings and hardwood floors, french doors and a big wrap around porch. From the very first night my little sister (7 at the time) started talking about the lady in our bedroom. This went on for about 1/2 year almost every morning she would say something about the lady that came into our bedroom at night and would cover us! Then one night we (me and my sis) were alone in the family room watching TV when I noticed a movement out of the corner of my eye and turned my head to look and there was a lady standing in the doorway of the family room, I could see right through her into the dinning room she looked like she was made of smoke but at the same time I could make out a complete face, her hair was piled on top of the head and the dress or whatever she was wearing had a tight high collar, she was normal looking from the head to about where her knees would be then she sort of tapered off to smokiness. (I can still see her in my mind) I could tell that her gaze was directed at my sister, then she turned and looked at me at first she looked startled then her face relaxed and she smiled at me and I have to tell you her smile gave me the warm fuzzies! I smiled back and then turned my attention back to the TV. Then realized what I had just seen when I looked back she was gone! This all took place very quickly less than a min. I never saw her again and we moved later that summer.

Whoa. . .that's kind of a nice little encouter. Did you ever hear anything on who she might've been? I wonder why she was focused on your sister. .

I think she may have been our land lord’s mother that was his childhood home and his mom lived there until her death. I think that she was focused on my sister because she (my sister) could see her, I think that the only reason I saw her is because I was sort of in that stupor we tend to watch TV in. The whole experience was positive; I think that if you’re going to see a ghost that’s the way to do it.

True story:

My friend's mother died last summer. My friend was hit very hard by it and continues to miss her a great deal. One day she was in the kitchen downstairs and she heard voices -- it was the TV upstairs. She knew that it had not been on but she went upstairs, turned it off and went back to the kitchen. A few minutes later she heard the TV going again. She went upstairs and just looked at it, and then sat down on the bed, overrcome with crying and said out loud, "If that's you Mom, thank you!" At that, the TV went off.

I've heard that spirit can somehow tamper with energy fields. Anyway, as I said, true story.

Deborahsue said:
True story:

My friend's mother died last summer. My friend was hit very hard by it and continues to miss her a great deal. One day she was in the kitchen downstairs and she heard voices -- it was the TV upstairs. She knew that it had not been on but she went upstairs, turned it off and went back to the kitchen. A few minutes later she heard the TV going again. She went upstairs and just looked at it, and then sat down on the bed, overrcome with crying and said out loud, "If that's you Mom, thank you!" At that, the TV went off.

I've heard that spirit can somehow tamper with energy fields. Anyway, as I said, true story.

Thats sweet and sad :[

i believe in spirits. my cousin and i actually saw the same spirit 5 mins. apart. it was so creepy. my cousin's face turned white and he looked and me and i was like "you saw what i saw, didn't you?" he was so shocked and couldn't believe it when i told him.