Beige or Black Classic Flap?

luvboogie said:
I think it depends on what you'll be using it for, what colors you tend to wear, and your own personality.

A black classic flap seems "dressier" and more evening-like, though I definitely carry mine during the day. I do tend to be more dressed up when I carry it, but many ladies here carry a black classic flap with casual clothes such as jeans - in other words, it can be appropriate for any occasion, depending on your own style and personality.

(Obviously I prefer black. ;))

That's true.... It seems like a lot of people carry the black one more than the beige. Is it because the black is an easier color to take care and matches with most clothes or is it because the black is just simply prettier than the beige?

I debated black vs. white and fell for the black (medium) with gold hardware. I find it goes with EVERYTHING and ANY occasion. I can wear it with my dresses, for formal meetings, and out to bars in a pair of jeans. It can also go with all jewerly, as my SA pointed out.

i'd say beige (got a new one recently), silver hardware. my wardrobe are white/beige/black and it matches perfectly. but sure i'll get a black one later on cause it's so classy. =)

My vote goes for the black caviar with silver hardware.

I practically die whenever I see this combo and hopefully this combo will be the first classic flap (but not the last ;)) I get

Start with black. One can never go wrong with a black Chanel flap bag. I would suggest the caviar leather/silver hardware. I go for silver hardware simply because I wear white gold jewellery.

I think for your first classic flap you should get black. You're right ... a classic flap is a must-have for any collection. I prefer the silvertone hardware. It's more wearable IMO.