before and after - my new cut and color!

You looked great as a blond but the darker color makes your eyes pop and I think is much better for your skin tone. I love the straight hair too. What a difference for curly to straight and major color. I just colored my short hair dark brown a few weeks ago from years of blond blond and I am loving the darker color. It suits my eyes and skin better and I just feel good about it. I am trying to see what type of highlights I can get added to it. I thought carmel. I think it is great that you have the guts to do such a drastic change, so many of my friends are still wearing their hair like they did in high school and that was over 20 years ago---times move on but their hair didn't.

I think it is great that you have the guts to do such a drastic change, so many of my friends are still wearing their hair like they did in high school and that was over 20 years ago---times move on but their hair didn't.
I know a lot of people too who have found a nice style, but never update it. It works, but it's still fun to be adventuress and current. I read in a fashion magazine years ago, that we should change our hair style at least every two years to stay fresh.

Wow, I love it! The cut and color look great on you. My hair is naturally brown (probably 1/2 gray now, though:crybaby:) and I've been coloring it blonde for quite a while. I've been thinking of going back to brown, and after seeing your pic, I may just do it.

Thanks so much girls! I had a veeeeeeeery long day at work today (read: i JUST got off work now - i left the house at 10:30 this morning) and it was so great to come home and read all your wonderful, sweet comments!

to anyone that is considering changing things up and going dark, TRY IT! brunette is the new blond, i promise you!

the best thing is that i didn't have ANY pictures and only a vague idea of what i wanted and i chose a brand new salon in town that opened and a random stylist. i got my hair dyed 2 hours after deciding to make the appointment and just told her that i wanted darker and maybe a little reddish and to do what she wanted - and she did a PHENOMENAL job! plus the salon served alcohol, so i got a free beer!

i honestly couldn't be happier with it - i've been wearing a lot of strapless or tank tops or dresses because i adore the contrast of my super-dark hair against my fairly pale skin. it's just so much different than what i've seen in the mirror for years! plus, the blond hilights were making it look very dry and damaged, and the brown makes it look healthy and shiny.

blond is over! go brunette, girls!