Been to RHODE ISLAND? Help needed---TIA!

1. Hi, my parents and I are going to Rhode Island next week for a couple of days and I have a few questions I was hoping to get answered...TIA!

1) Is jewelry applicable to RI sales tax? I know clothing isn't, but does jewelry count as clothing?

and some other non-jewelry related questions...

2) Which beach in Newport is better? Gooseberry or Eastons? Or is there another you can suggest? Are those beaches usually crowded?

3) Is Oakland beach clean, a good beach? How crowded does it usually get?

THANKS SO MUCH! This helps me out a LOT! :tup:

2. Hi! I live in Newport and work at a Jewelry store so I can probably answer your questions. If you ship Jewelry out of state you don't have to pay tax. You do have to pay shipping but it's usually much less than sales tax.
    Newport has been pretty busy lately and the beaches are always busy but not so crowded you can't have a good time. I'm not sure what beach "oakland" is. I just asked the girl I'm working with and neither of us have heard of it. Alot of the beaches though are called something different than there actual name.
    You can PM me if you have any questions.

3. ^^ Thanks! :tup:

4. Both Gooseberry and Eastons are going to be busy. (FYI locals call Eastons "first beach") Gooseberry I think is partly private it's around Ocean Drive but I'm not sure what the private/ public aspect it.
    I finally figured out "Oakland" beach. It's in Warwick. Warwick suck skip it.

5. Yes, I leave right near Oakland Beach and never go there. I wouldn't want to swim there! Enjoy Newport, its beautiful

6. Sorry if my comment before was offensive. I didn't really think before I talked (typed) Just meant to say that Newport was more geared for visitors.

7. ^^ Alright, definately skipping on Oakland then...several tPFers have told me not to go there... Thanks...saved me a trip!

8. No, I'm not offended. I totally agree. Its ok to stop to eat and enjoy the scenary but I wouldn't want to swim there. Nothing compares to Newport, its breathtaking.