Been scammed? Use ic3.gov, they're a godsend!!

1. Hi everyone,

I just wanted to let you all know what a blessing ic3.gov is! In one of my previous posts, I described how my dad was scammed out of around $1500 on eBay. I contacted and filed a complaint with ic3.gov on July 18 - and I got a letter today from the State of WV Attorney General's office saying that they want to investigate further and that they will be going after this person after I fill out some papers!

If anybody's been scammed, I absolutely recommend that you file a complaint with them! :yahoo:

2. I was given this name today too by a Paypal rep. I'm glad to see they helped you out! Thanks for posting!

3. WOW! Great to know!:yes:

4. Who's funding the investigations? What's in it for the site?

5. IC3.gov is a website developed by the FBI and the National White Collar Crime Center. Oh, and the Attorney Generals Office in West Virginia will be doing the investigating with a partnership with IC3

6. Thanks for the heads-up, lamiastella! I'm bookmarking this site! :smile:

7. It's great to have this info. Thanks soooooo much for sharing.

8. FINALLY!!!! I was scammed once a while ago. Do you think they will take old cases?

9. Thanks for the site! I bet it will help many!

10. Good luck with the investigation.

11. I wouldn't see why not! Give it a shot. It's free, and you can't lose anything by trying :smile:

12. I got scammed a while ago on eBay, but when I filed a report with them, I never got any reply :cry: I'm glad they could help you, lamiastella! :yes:

13. Does it exist something like that in Europe too? U.S.A. are always a step forward us! :tup:

14. that great news...keep us posted:tup:

15. Thanks so much for this info!