Been dieting for alittle while... calories/carbs?

1. I have been on a low calorie diet for alittle while and i have lost some weight however i only cut calories (1200-1300/day) and i try to eat as much protein and fiber as possible... My question is should I cut out carbs too?? I dont pay any attention to carbs.. I eat fruit, lean pockets, Bran cereal... I mean good choices that stay within my daily calorie allowance but i dont pay any attention to how many carbs something has. Should I change this or am I fine? Any help? :confused1:
  2. How long have you been on this low calorie diet? Are you exercising? I noticed that after a couple of months I need to up my calories because I was burning too much and not eating enough. If you don't eat enough calories your body starts to slow its metabolism because it *thinks* its starving. If you find that you aren't losing weight then you should up your calories to 1400-1600/day.
  3. Complex carbs are good, so fruit, veggies, w/w rice, pasta, etc are ok. I would count the lean pockets etc. as a splurge, not eat them often. Also as sea4e pointed out, exercise really helps. Good luck!
  4. Yes, I work out 4 days a week at the gym. I just started my diet recently but so far its working... I was just conderned about the carbs... I have "insulin resistance" i dont know if any of you know what that is but i need to stay away from sugar and stuff because it just turns right into fat with me so im worried about the carbs, its just so hard to cut the calories and carbs... then your choices are down to almost nothing :crybaby:
  5. Instead of cutting out carbs, you should focus on what kind of carbs you're eating. You should be limiting or completely cutting out processed carbs and refined sugars - i.e., white bread, regular pasta, sugary foods, packaged processed products, etc.

Focus on getting your carbs from fruits, vegetables and whole grain sources (whole grain bread, whole wheat pasta, low carb whole wheat tortillas, etc). These types of foods will keep you fuller longer because they have fiber in them and are not "empty" carbs.