Been a bad, bad mama

1. So today I actually sold all my dooney & bourke handbags so I could further fund my lv addiction. Now, mind you, I was not attached to any of these bags because of quality or style. I have never even carried any of them in years. My first designer bag was one of those Dooneys. I'm trying not to feel sad about it, and trying to look into the near future when I get my next lv. But there's just something sad about letting them all go. They don't compare at all to my lv's, but do you know what I mean? I'm hoping that when I buy my damier speedy 30 I'll forget all about them and the bad mother I was today. haha!:crybaby: They all went to a good home--one lady who bought them all for her teenage daughters who are crazy about d&b. I'm sure they'll be well cared for and actually get used. Still, the GUILT is bad!:shame:

2. I can understand where you're coming from. I've been toying with the idea of selling a vintage green Dooney drawstring that I bought at the outlet stores a couple of years ago but I only used 2 or 3 times. It's in perfect condition. A part of me really wants to keep it though because it's a nostalgic bag for me. I wanted this exact bag like 16-17 years ago when I was in high school but I couldn't afford it then. I don't think I'll ever use it now that I've changed my bag addictions but something is keeping me from selling it.

I think you are right though...once you get your beautiful Damier, you'll forget all about those Dooneys. And at least they went to girls who will really appreciate them!:yes:

3. I feel your pain. Over the past few months I've been selling off all my old Coach bags to help fund my LV addiction. While they were all put away in the closet - haven't used any of them in at least two years - some of them were really classic. What I kept telling myself was:
    1) Better that they are used and loved instead of sitting in the closet all lonely;
    2) Better for me to have a few LV bags that I actually use instead of a dozen Coach bags I don't use; and
    3) I live in a small house with limited storage space - my small LV collection takes up much less room!

I'm sure your D&Bs will be happy in their new home, with plenty of girls to love them and cherish them. And you will get new LV!

4. I know how you feel. I had to sell off some of my collectibles to get a bag and I'm glad I did. I really like the bag.

5. The LVs will make u forget abt the DB.. and hey at least they went to a loving home!

6. I feel the same way everytime I sell a bag

7. yup :yes: :yes:

8. Thanks everyone for your kind words! I'm feeling better about it already. I love that they went to somebody in my hometown and they will be used and enjoyed. Now, off to Louis Vuitton boutique! (Ok, so I can't really go right now, but soon!)

9. i know exactly how u feel...for the past week i have been releasing all my coach bags and wallets on eBay...it's still feeling a bit weird...but im glad at least they are not sitting in my closet feeling left out! :crybaby:

gotta move on...u're in the right forum and always will be :flowers:

10. I know how you feel...once in awhile...I'll use my coach bags because I don't want them to feel left out...a lot of them were gifts from my family so they hold a special place....but I love using my LV's the most!

11. I know how you feel, except I gave some of mine away. My first good bag was a D&B in 1994. It was the red kilty with the long strap - ADORABLE. And then I got tired of it and got rid of it. WHY? I'd rock it now if I still had it.

12. awwww! that's sad, but at least they went to good homes! I'm trying not to sell anything...but so far, my way of funding for my upcoming bag is by selling ALL OF MY BOOKS from school! lol Sheeesh...Private school really rips you off, but at least I get most of my (parent's) money back (which won't be going back into their pockets!)! haha the things we do for LV

13. I feel absolutely guilty every time I sell a bag. And I thought I was the only one who felt like that!

14. I feel a little guilty when I sell my bags, especially the ones I really loved at one time, but it also feels good in a way. I did keep my two favorite Coach bags...at least for now. They are more recent ones that I bought within the past year. But who knows, six months from now I might be ready to let them go too.

15. I did the same thing. I had a couple DBs that I sold....I kept the only one I used a lot (plus the handles were kinda dirty and wouldn't get good money). I felt really guilty because most of them were gifts and I had to sneak them out of the house....the gift-giver still doesn't know I sold them LOL
    Kinda weird how we are OK with tossing clothes out to Goodwill, but the bags we are so attached to!

I'm doing the same thing with watches right now...and it's hard to let go!