beauty haul, what do i NEED?

1. hi girlys,
    im going on a massive shopping spree on saturday (its my 20th birthday and my SOs younger brother has a 16 y/o GF who just called me old!!!!!!!!!) and have decided i need to buy myself lots of new makeup. im a sucker for gimmicks and nice packaging, im open to any colours and brands and have no budget(yipee).
    what do you all suggest? TIA
  2. Well, if you want pretty packaging BeneFit takes the prize! I don't recommend their products much, except for the BeneTint (liquid that doubles up as blush and lip stain). If anything, try my newest obsession: Shideido Lasting Lift mascara. It really keeps your lashes curled all day long with no clumps! Good luck with your spree and do post pictures afterwards.
  3. bobbi brown, laura mercier, trish mcevoy, giorgio armani lipsticks and lip glosses!!!

love all those products!!!
  4. at the advice of other PFers, i love lancome simmer juicy tube!
    la mer lip balm
    dior blotting papers (if you need them) are in a fab silver case (at sephora)
    the new chanel chance fraiche is yum! i hate chance but this one is great
    coco chanel parfum, not toilette, is wonderful and such a great bottle
    fresh shower gels and lotions
    Acqua di Parma Colonia Assoluta
    NARS Botan Brush w/their powder foundation
    dior glosses
    Chantecaille glosses
    T LeClerc- pretty compacts!
  5. the dior blotting papers sound cute. i might try nars because iv never used their stuff before.
    and la mer lipblm would be a nice treat. thanks for your suggestions.
  6. I recommend Stila's smudge pot gel eyeliner. It doesn't smudge and make sure you get the special brush that goes with it because then you can paint a line that's as thin or thick as you want. Black or dark-brown are nice.

I also love mineral foundation. Trust me, you're not old! Since you're pretty young (I remember leaving the land of the 'teens not too long ago, it was traumatizing at the time but you'll be fine) you probably have nice skin so you don't need a lot of heavy coverage. I like the brand Youngblood but of course Bare Escentuals makes a good one too. Its coverage is quite sheer but makes the skin look very polished and flawless. It also contains SPF so that your skin is protected against UV rays and you can prevent the aging process! :p

Pout makes a nice shimmer powder that you can apply along your cheekbones as a highlighter.

I've been wanting to try Smashbox's O-Glow gel blush. I've heard good things about it as long as you don't overdo it. It goes on as a clear gel and then works with your body chemistry to transform into your perfect "flushed" tone. It sounds pretty neat so definitely give it a try and let me know what you think!

As others said, Bobbi Brown makes really nice lipglosses. I love their Pink Sugar shade. (I think that's what it's called.)

Oh yeah, try an eyeshadow colour called Kitten by Stila. It's universally flattering. It's kind of a sheer pinky-silver, great for highlighting your brow bones or as a base for your eyeshadow.

I hope you have tons of fun! I'm pretty sure all of those brands are available in the UK. (I'm in Canada and they're all here.) Makeup is the best! (Besides handbags of course.)
  7. revlon sugar sugar in snowflake
  8. Happy Birthday in advance! My birthday is a week from Saturday, and you've given me a great idea for how to spend the day! If you like cute packaging and different colors, why don't you try Dior? They have adorable compacts and lots to choose from. Have fun!
  9. I would go to a high end department store and wander around all the makeup counters. I myself love Bobbie Brown makeup. Chanel is great too. It is hit and miss, so you need to buy what is right for you.
    I would not bother a remark by a 16 year old upset you.
    They thing anyone older than 20 is OLD.
    Do you have any makeup stores like Sephora that we have in the states? Those types of stores always have the new stuff and it's like being in a candy store because there is so much to choose from.
    Happy Birthday.
  10. Giorgio Armani's foundation is flawless.
  11. MAC just came out with some really cute summer stuff , go to you local Sephora or MAC store and let them try all the stuff on you !
  12. More magazine had a great article on creating a "glow" for summer- they recommended Nars Sparkling Pressed Powder in Gold Rush- and it looks and sounds amazing- it's at the top of my shopping list :smile:
  13. i wish we had sephora in the UK. instead i have the 'trouble' of visiting all of the counters. isnt that a shame ... lol. im going tomorrow and i cant wait. im going to check out everything you fab girls have mentioned. thank you
  14. definitely go for some Dior and Chanel...lets see if she'll call you old then lol
  15. Armani stuff in general is great, the e/s, lipsticks and glosses especially.
    MAC Pigments (lots of different uses), e/s and lipglosses (they have so many different lines and colors)
    Guerlain Metéorites Highlighter, if you like bling packaging this brand is the one
    Chanel Glossimers
    Urban Decay Primer Potion - best primer for eyeshadow