Beauty Breakthrough? No Frizz by Living Proof

I've been using this for a while now...ordered the medium to thick version - twice! It really does a great job on my frizz...but my hair isn't as shiny or soft as it was when I was using other products. In face, yesterday I went back to my old product - and my hair is shinier.

Has anyone else experienced this? I'm wondering if I should use another product in addition...any suggestions?

I use the No Frizz along with the Esuchen RD protein cream (which also does not have silicones) and I get shiny, frizz-free hair! I definitely recommend layering with another product, but like ima_ailurophile mentioned, maybe something also without silicones. :yes:

2nd day and I love this stuff:smile: My hair behaved so well yesterday! I live in North Carolina and it is usually soooo humid here, but it's been cold the last couple of days though. So the real test will come when it's warm again:smile:

Looks like you can only order through QVC?? The website directs you to it to order. Darn I wish I would have seen this thread when it was $24. Now its about $40 including the shipping.

I have been waiting for the miracle cure for my fine, thin, ultracurly hair. When there's no humidity, I can blow it straight and it will stay just the way I like it, but when the humidity creeps up above 50%, nothing I've ever tried has kept the wild frizzies at bay. So with high hopes, I ordered the No Frizz spray for fine/med hair directly from the company and got an extra bottle as a bonus. I tried it for the first time today and thought it would be the perfect way to test it, because it was raining a fine steady rain (63 degrees). So I applied my 15 sprays as recommended for my length hair, blew-dry my hair straight with a 4" round brush, and went out to run my errands. I protected my head with an umbrella the whole time and never allowed rain to touch my hair. By the time I got back home after an hour, my hair was curling up all over. And because I don't have nice, thick hair, these curls don't hold together in pretty ringlets; they just boing up whenever and wherever they choose to with a vicious mind of their own. Not a pretty sight!!! Needless to say, I was so disappointed. On the plus side, my hair stayed shiny and soft, not at all greasy or heavy. But as far as keeping frizz at bay, No Frizz did not live up to it's name and I'm back to the drawing board once again. I'm SO disappointed. I had such faith in those guys in Cambridge with their pocket protectors!:crybaby:

Thanks, pinky!

Lizzy, I'm so sorry it didn't work for you. It does work for me. Did you use it just one day? It builds up; the manufacturer says you need to use it for at least five days in a row for best results. I did find that is true for me.

^I ordered some and can't wait to try it out. Now that I see the post above that it has to "build up" makes me worried. Does it leave residue on the hair? I don't like the idea it has to build on the hair.

bagsforme, I haven't found it has any more build-up than other products I've used, for instance silicone based products. And it's not build-up in a bad way, like you may relate it to - lots of products of this nature state that they improve after multiple uses and this is the same. If any of that makes sense LOL.

Like anything, it'll work for some of us and not for others. Try it with an open mind.

No, I can't even feel it in my hair. My hair's not weighed down or slick feeling or anything. I wouldn't know it was there if I didn't know it was there, if that makes sense.

I'm using this for the second time now. I used the "straight" version last time even though I was letting my hair dry naturally, and it looked awesome.

Does anyone else layer this over other products? I put a little Phytodefrisant and Moroccan Oil Hydrating cream underneath, so that my hair won't dry out. (Someone mentioned that the Living Proof had a weird interaction wtih silicones, but I haven't noticed that.)

I'm using this for the second time now. I used the "straight" version last time even though I was letting my hair dry naturally, and it looked awesome.

Does anyone else layer this over other products? I put a little Phytodefrisant and Moroccan Oil Hydrating cream underneath, so that my hair won't dry out. (Someone mentioned that the Living Proof had a weird interaction wtih silicones, but I haven't noticed that.)

Urban, it was me and the weird interaction happened when I tried to mix the two products together prior to putting them on my hair. It may not happen when applied separately or it may have just been the specific product ("It's a 10") I was trying to mix with the NoFrizz. But I thought it worth mentioning to save someone else potential grief.

I haven't tried layering two products on my entire head, but I do use Korres rice protein serum on damp ends and haven't had a problem.

To all of you who are using and talking about No Frizz fans out there, thank you for you enthusiastic participation here on the Purse Forum as well as on our own blog - we love nothing more than customers who take an interest and get involved.

In fact, your feedback is valuable us that we want to hear more from you.

For those of you suffering from dry or damaged hair - Living Proof wants to better understand how you style your hair using your No Frizz products.

So many women suffer from having naturally dry hair - while others are left with dry, damaged hair from coloring and chemically processing.

We understand it’s a big problem women must cope with - which is precisely why it’s so important for us to learn more about it straight from the source!

If you’re interested in sharing your feedback with our team, simply e-mail [email protected] with the Subject: “Dry Hair”and we’ll get back to you ASAP.

We look forward to hearing from you!

-The Living Proof Team :smile:
www.endthefrizz.com