Be wary of ordering from Pierotuccio

1. Hi:

Sorry for the long post but I am fuming right now. I found a blog online discussing Pierotuccio bags and it had a link to the site for the bags on sale. I clicked on it, found the bag I liked and placed an order. There was no indication that the bag was a sale bag and the order went through without a problem.

I got the bag today and there is a scratch on the front of it in the leather so that black is showing through (it is a red bag). I e-mailed them, and while Angelo was polite, he basically said "sale" bags are not returnable and they inspect their bags. He also said I must have saved the url in my favorites because the sale was over when I placed my order, but they let me place it anyway. (HUH-there web site posts sale praices after the sale is over? )

So besides impliedly calling me a liar, he refused to do anything about it. I wanted to exchange for a larger size one that was not defective, but he said no exchanges either. Now granted the wrong size was my fault (I thought in inches instead of cm), but how can they sell a bag with a scratch on it and then refuse to do anything about it?

Not happy that I am stuck with this worthless bag and just wanted to warn others about this company. I did a search and it looks like pretty much everyone had good experiences with them, mine must be the expection.

Would not do business with them again over this.
  2. Did you pay with a credit card? If so, maybe you can contact your CC company for help if Pierotuccio continues to be difficult.
  3. Lionlaw, I'm truly appalled. Sale or no sale, if a bag is faulty (and is supposedly sold as perfect) I believe a vendor should take the bag back and replace it or offer a refund. I think you're right to be fuming, I would be just as annoyed. I'm so sorry, I wish I could wave a magic wand and make everything right.
  4. Definitely try and do a chargeback! Sorry that happened to you. You should threaten that you'll report them to the BBB.
  5. Thanks for all of the responses and suggestions. I did charge it with my credit card, but my company takes forever and a day to investigate and get back to me and I could probably take it to a leather shop and get the scratch taken care of much quicker. It is not a deep scratch and is not that big-- It is more the point of the thing. I am so sick of retailers selling defective merchandise as new. Still debating on what to do.

Since they are in Italy, I don't think I can report them to the BBB?

After reading all the glowing comments on them on this board, I felt that I had to at least post since the bag and the customer service I received is nowhere close to the quality that was reported in those posts.
  6. That is terrible customer service! Sorry you had to experience this, they should have taken the bag back or allowed an exchange.
  7. Thanks for the support. I think I am going to take it to a local repair shop and see what they say.
  8. I'm very sorry to hear this. Did you try emailing them pictures of the defective bag? At worst, they will just ignore you, so doesn't hurt to try again. Good luck, I hope everything works out for you.

9. Thanks. The problem I am having is that the scratch is small and doesn't photograph well with the high polish finish. There is black showing through at the end of the scratch, but I can't get it to photograph. All you see is the indentation from the scratch.

My boyfriend says suck it up and that it is not noticable.
  10. ^ Just about all guys will say that. LOL Fathers can be more understanding though, at least mine is.

The scratch doesn't look all that bad in the photo but I know what you mean, sometimes it just doesn't photograph well. I would keep emailing them and see if they can give you a discount or something.