Be Nice To Someone Carrying A Fake...

1. Here is a post of mine I thought I would use to start as a new thread:
    The Coach SA's (or any of us here) should be really really nice to the people NOT carrying Coach because they could win over a new customer! And educate the people carrying fakes as to why an authentic bag is better. Keep your friends close, your enemies closer :tup: (not enemies of course, but that is how the saying goes) I always try to be pleasant to people who don't think the way I do because nothing is more of a turnoff than someone who is snobby, snotty, or rude. You catch more flies with honey...:biggrin:
  2. You mean I shouldn't just point and laugh at them anymore?:graucho:
  3. you mean i should buy my mom that 300.00 purse instead of her stupid fake that she loves??? even though she makes me look like crap...
  4. I would never ever be rude to someone carrying a fake. They may just not know its fake. ;)
  5. i'm not going to bend over backwards to be nice to someone carrying something illegal...but i'm civil, at the very least.
  6. Actually my love of the real thing has swayed one of the girls at work... she'd always proudly carried fakes. But the more she sees my bags & their quality the less I've seen of her fakes. She even came & told me about a really bad one she saw at church the other day.
    One down... a zillion to go!
  7. That is such a nice attitude! We need more like you! :tup:
  8. I see fakes, can't help but stare at them...but I wouldn't purposefully be rude or mean.
  9. What about those that have no idea they are carring a fake' do ou tell them? If you know them. I wouldn't walk up to a stranger.
  10. no, you don't tell them, it's not your place.
    I would never in a million years be snotty to someone carrying a fake.
  11. Thanks for the advice, I have been in this position twice in the last few months. One of the nurses I work with came back from Christmas showing off her new LV and matching wallet, it wasn't real and was not even a nice fake. I never said anything, nor could I; that would be heartbreaking for her and down right nasty. A couple of months later one of our other co-workers mentioned the bag, I said nothing to her either. Apparently I am the only bag addict at work. I had this conversation with a friend and she adviced to say something to the second co-worker if the bag was mentioned again. I didn't, it just didn't feel right. My friend is one of those people that just blurts things out without giving it much thought....she is really a lovely person, but doesn't think before speaking.
  12. I would never actually be rude to someone if they were carrying a fake. I may not like it or agree with it, but I am quite disgusted by people who are flat out rude to complete strangers.
  13. carrying a fake bag doesn't make them a bad person, maybe a tasteless person, but def. not evil! some people simple just can not afford the real thing but still would like to have the designer item. it's oxymoron but a lot of people want things that they can't afford. i guess be civil to be the very least?
  14. and some people just don't know.
    I know for sure, some people really believe, that because the person in the little booth says they're real, that they really are buying a new LV for $80.
    Most people have NO idea of the icky counterfeit other world we all know about.
  15. I wonder if it would be appropriate to say something like, "That is a really good designer look-alike." :wtf: ????!?!!?