Be Honest...am I A Snob????

While we're on the subject of potentially being snobbish...

Do you ladies carry your BBags to work? I don't... I'm in my 30s working in the corporate environment. Most of my coworkers don't carry high end designer bags. I think BBags make great work handbags but I really don't want questions or give people (if they know the bag) the impression that I'm the type that spends $$$ on handbags.

So... I only carry BBags on the weekends or outside of work. Your thoughts?

heloise, i would definitely carry by BBags to work. they are subtle and not overly flashy like many other designer bags. i personally would love to carry a city bag to work!

also, don't worry about giving people the impression that spends to much $$$ on bags. everyone has their guilty pleasure! plus, if it makes you feel better, tell them that you received your bag as a gift.

I love compliments on my bbags! Especially when I am in an LV or Hermes store and the SAs are gushing over it saying "OMG I Loove your Balenciaga"! This usually only happens though with Black GGH Work and Anthra GGH Day. Must be something about the GH that TURNS HEADS!!! I just don't like anyone reaching out and touching it.....makes me nervous that they might leave an icky goo or scratch on one of my lovelies...

:P:P@ the SAs at LV and Hermes!! hehehe, even though they have bags of their own, there is truly something special about the BBags.

a lot of people don't recognize my bbag and it's perfectly ok by me. everyone usually has something cool to say about the leather and color (vert gazon city ggh). i did get asked if it was from target and i simply replied "no, but target makes some really cute bags." and of course i've had many people say that the ggh looked like rolos. :roflmfao: i never expect anyone to know that it's a bbag and heck, a lot of people can't even tell my LVs apart from coaches! :biggrin:

i love bbags, the way they look and feel and i get a kick out of carrying them. but it's not to say that i would make fun of people who carry anything less. i just think it's super awkward when people ask me how many i have or how much they are. i like to sort of just not talk about it. it's like being in school and you do well on an exam, it makes you happy inside but you don't want to go around boasting!

i've carried my bbags to work. i guess it works two ways -- you shouldn't make someone feel bad (or look down on them) for not having/knowing a high-end bag, but they shouldn't judge you for having one either. :/ you are who you are. be confident (not arrogant)!

Bbags are quite discreet of its brand (unlike LV monogram) so it's understandable that the majority of the public don't recognize the brand! I wouldnt get insulted, they just don't understand or think the way we do hehe. My Mom (who doesnt know what BBags are)... told me that the leather (violet step) looks like its an old bag, and that she thinks i should spend the money on a Coach bag instead because at least its a recognized name (unlike my unbranded bbag) LOL. I just keep quiet and say "I LOVE THIS BAG! :smile:" because she wouldn't be happy to hear how much it cost me.
About using bbags at work, no one at my work knows about the brand, actually i work with mostly guys at a computer place, who totally don't appreciate purses at all even. So i dont feel like im showing off at all because to everyone its just any other bag! :smile: I enjoy using my nice purses at work most of the time because I like admiring the bags during the day, petting the leather once in a while and if u get a bbag, its meant to be used functionally and lovingly used a lot in my opinion. :smile: I rotate the use of all my bags, expensive and cheaper ones, they all have their purpose.

I know I like certain brands because the leather and colors are gorgeous, but I've seen lower end bags like Francesco Biasia that are gorgeous too. And my Biasia gets more compliments to boot! Just because a bag costs over $1000 doesn't mean it's instantly tasteful. Nor does it mean those who aren't enamored or in the know are tasteless. No one is a conoisseur of everything. I happen to like high end bags but I guess I'd be tasteless too. When it comes to shoes I can't instantly spot CLs, nor would I spend that kind of money on shoes because I'm hard on them.

When I used to have my bags I had people admire my Bals without even knowing what they were... they noticed the quality of the leather not the brand.

With so many other stores/companies copying the Balenciaga design (even middle-market stores), its just inevitable that someone at some stage is going to comment or mistake your bag for a 'look-alike'.

...and it has happened to me before in the past. It didnt offend me. I just giggled inside and gave my lovely bag with smooshy leather a squeeze because I knew what it was!

PS - I wouldnt say you are a snob, but perhaps keep in mind not everyone is as Balenciaga-crazy like all of us :upsidedown: I'm sure if you met another PF member the conversation would be a little different!

I just laugh about it and not take it too seriously. After all, one of the reasons as to why I chose my bbag was because it's not covered in labels like the Gucci bags. It's less recognizable and "in your face".

I love compliments on my bbags! Especially when I am in an LV or Hermes store and the SAs are gushing over it saying "OMG I Loove your Balenciaga"! This usually only happens though with Black GGH Work and Anthra GGH Day. Must be something about the GH that TURNS HEADS!!! I just don't like anyone reaching out and touching it.....makes me nervous that they might leave an icky goo or scratch on one of my lovelies...

This happen to me too. I was in LV and two SAs commented on my Vert Gazon Twiggy. They thought it was gorgeous, and asked what brand it was...so even they didn't know. I love that about Balenciaga bags.