Bbag leather

1. Hi! I'm new to tPF and trying to find out as much as I can about Bbags--my new obsession! I have two now and I'm looking for my first "first" and hoping I can get some advice about leather.

I've read in a lot of threads about bags with better leather or more consistant leather. Can someone explain to me what the ideal leather looks and feels like when it's new? My two bags are slightly different ... one has broken in to be really smooth while the other is fairly veiny, but not yet as broken in. I've been to the Barneys in BH and seen several bags that I'm interested in, but they're all slightly different and I'm trying to decide which one to get.

Sorry for the long post, but any help would be greatly appreciated!
  2. I like the more veiny leather, especially in bold colors like vert gazon and ocean, but it really comes down to personal taste.

If possible, it helps to compare a few of the same bags, so you can choose which one you like most according to the leather itself, after you have chosen a style and color.
  3. Welcome here! Great leather means so many different things to everyone!! I thought I liked smooth, now I love wrinkly, thick, distressed! Some people like it veiny! Look at all the threads in the Bal reference library, TONS of pics there!!!! Let us know what you decide on!!
  4. Thanks for your help! I'm going to Barney's today to browse and maybe buy!
  5. Why not run your hands over then and see which you want to touch the most? That is what I do with cashmere. Then combine that with what you see.